Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MysticalRaven

10-17-2012

((Heh... Warwick was never a chemist with his new lore change :P))

((Well. It doesn't say he was anyway.))

Ask A Treant

10-17-2012

(Old lore is still canon! >:F

Silly Roit. Y u chaeng gud backstorys.)

zzTerrorzz

10-18-2012

Dear Maokai,

First off, I have a question or complaint.... Whenever I summon you you do quite exceptional early game, then you get weaker and are just support. I barley maintain a 1/2 kill death ratio.... Your a giant tree.. kill some things and stop sucking.

Second, how do you feel about the new to come champion Elise?

Ask A Treant

10-18-2012

Summoner zzTerrorzz,

My purpose is to have high burst early game. In the late game, my... Maokai pauses for a minute, drags out a novice summoner, and questions him. "growth ratios" are not as high as other champions, who are designed for dealing... Another pause. Another question. He -groans-, and mumbles something about "are you kidding me? I am not saying that.", and just wipes his face. "tons of damage".

My true skill lies in being able to lock down a specific target, reduce the damage of my allies for a duration, and bully or intrude upon a specific individual.

If you can't harness what my real purpose is, then it is not I who sucks. It's not like you choose me, and I run around the Fields of my own accord. You're controlling and dictating every action.

Please, learn your role and stop sucking.

As for Elise, I'm not sure how I feel about her. Something tells me that the corruption of magics reaches far further than even the Shadow Isles, and something like her only reminds me of Zyra. Something not human with a human form, changed forever by magics and trying to further their own selfish goals with their new powers.

Dear Cryophoenix

10-18-2012

Anivia soars over the outskirts of the Twisted Treeline with some trepidation. Just beneath the surface of the tortured trees roiled a sea of twisted energy that tugged at her very being. "Such devastation" she whispers to herself as she descends toward a particularly large oak. She lights on its powerful branches and closes her eyes, plunging herself into the chaotic magics unleashed by the rune wars. By the time she opens her eyes her entire form appears deflated from the effort expended. "And still I can only slow it down." She speaks to the forest itself as she looks over the desolation.

zzTerrorzz

10-18-2012

Dear Makoai,

I forgot to ask something that I am curious about. You defend plants, trees, and mother nature. But in one of your responses to someone, I forget who, you complained of being used as a territory marker by animals, which is prevented by stomping on them. Do you consider natural animals like a wolf or a bear, part of your nature group, and protect them from harm?

Ask A Treant

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Anivia soars over the outskirts of the Twisted Treeline with some trepidation. Just beneath the surface of the tortured trees roiled a sea of twisted energy that tugged at her very being. "Such devastation" she whispers to herself as she descends toward a particularly large oak. She lights on its powerful branches and closes her eyes, plunging herself into the chaotic magics unleashed by the rune wars. By the time she opens her eyes her entire form appears deflated from the effort expended. "And still I can only slow it down." She speaks to the forest itself as she looks over the desolation.
"Ah, Cyrophoenix. You don't come out here often, if ever." The Treant says. To be fair, he had been sitting off in the shadows, watching the majestic bird land, and then fall into meditation. Something magical, he presumed, and had no true understanding of.

"What brings you out to the Shadow Isles?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzTerrorzz View Post
Dear Makoai,

I forgot to ask something that I am curious about. You defend plants, trees, and mother nature. But in one of your responses to someone, I forget who, you complained of being used as a territory marker by animals, which is prevented by stomping on them. Do you consider natural animals like a wolf or a bear, part of your nature group, and protect them from harm?
Summoner zzTerrorzz,

I know not of such a response that I ever gave. And if such is documented, I assure you that was not penned by my hand. Perhaps a false representative of mine.

While being a territory marker is not the... most prodigious aspects of life, it is still something natural. Animals mark territory for natural reasons: to warn, to inform, to locate. To disrupt them in doing so means upsetting the balance of Nature.

I am not going out on a limb to say that I will go out of my way to protect every animal. Nature has its own course for life, and things will die. It is what is intended. However, if I have the ability to stop un-needed harm from coming upon fauna and flora alike, I will protect them.

Ebonmaw Dragon

10-19-2012

((Old treeline of zaun still cannon, Maokai born there... the Old Treeline was destroyed, and the league build a "new treeline" in the shadow isles, Maokai now lives there, because he traveled there (the skin "sale")... makes sense or not?))

Dear Cryophoenix

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
"Ah, Cyrophoenix. You don't come out here often, if ever." The Treant says. To be fair, he had been sitting off in the shadows, watching the majestic bird land, and then fall into meditation. Something magical, he presumed, and had no true understanding of.

"What brings you out to the Shadow Isles?"
((Shadow Isles‽ This is what I get for not following all the lore changes quickly enough. But Maokai was born of the damage wrought by the rune wars, which should have occurred in the original location near Zaun. I will refrain from continuing until I can confirm where I am.))

Ask A Treant

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
((Shadow Isles‽ This is what I get for not following all the lore changes quickly enough. But Maokai was born of the damage wrought by the rune wars, which should have occurred in the original location near Zaun. I will refrain from continuing until I can confirm where I am.))
(( It was extremely recent, but yes. They have moved the Twisted Treeline to the Shadow Isles. Good point about the birth by damage though.

Ebonmaw's got a valid argument to it, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see ourselves. ))