Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

08-21-2012

Maokai, how do you feel about Malphite?

He seems like a Rock version of what you are. Have you ever talked to him before? Any rivalry?

Ask A Treant

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
Maokai, how do you feel about Malphite?

He seems like a Rock version of what you are. Have you ever talked to him before? Any rivalry?
Malphite and I aren't as similar as you might think, at least not in that sense. He might not be human, but he is not like me. My life is a fabrication, my existence as a walking, talking Treant is unnatural and forged by magic. His life, from the Monolith he tells me, is completely normal. Intended.

However, I suppose that he and I do share a similar goal-- to achieve balance in Valoran. The definition of balance, however, differs slightly. I want to not only return myself to my old state, but to also ensure that the world stays as it should. As it was meant to be. Malphite, on the other hand, is one to usher the world into order, but as he sees it.

Have I talked to him? On occasion. He's more intelligent than you'd think a rock golem to be. But I see no reason to be his rival. He and I both share a hatred towards the chaotic magics, and we both know the feeling of being isolated, alone, and brought into situations we both did not expect, nor exactly ask for. If anything, the Shard is more like a brother in arms. I would gladly extend a bough to aid him, assuming that he would move the earth in order to help me along as well.

xcyper33

08-23-2012

Maokai, Malphite, like the trees and the rocks, you guys go together so well.

Ask A Treant

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
Maokai, Malphite, like the trees and the rocks, you guys go together so well.
I... suppose? On the Fields of Justice we are a rather formidable duo, after all.

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

08-24-2012

Maokai,

How about you exact your revenge on the summoners that made you what you are? It won't return you to normal, but you can gain a little bit of personal satisfaction by beating the living snot out of them in the Underdome. Sign up if you're interested.

-Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Ask A Treant

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
Maokai,

How about you exact your revenge on the summoners that made you what you are? It won't return you to normal, but you can gain a little bit of personal satisfaction by beating the living snot out of them in the Underdome. Sign up if you're interested.

-Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Grandmaster,

My time in this "life" has brought much to my eyes. While yes, I do want to pound the life essence out of every foolish mage in existence, that won't bring me any closer to returning to any semblance of normality. If anything, that will only make me more enemies, and then leave me further from my goal. Or give me enemies who would want to cut me down once I am fully defenseless. As much as I would revel in their defeat, that brings me no closer to my end.

However, I understand the need of satisfaction and de-stressing from time to time. It is often best to keep one's anger in check (See: spindamere) in order to be a capable combatant. I suppose I can visit and... "unwind" here and there.

Iron Ambássador

08-27-2012

Twisted Treant,

I am curious of your constant hatred you show. While I understand your point that you should not exist in the way you are, but as a regular tree, I wonder if you should think things through a bit more. Your current "burden" as you call it, might be a gift when looked from another point of view. You are able to work together with the League to ensure anything like your creation does not happen again, and help protect nature from reckless use of magic. Your anger, while justified, is perhaps a bit too rash. Do you think you could ever do anything such as this to protect nature from further magical perversion?

- Poppy

((Thought ya could use a bump :3 ))

Ask A Treant

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
Twisted Treant,

I am curious of your constant hatred you show. While I understand your point that you should not exist in the way you are, but as a regular tree, I wonder if you should think things through a bit more. Your current "burden" as you call it, might be a gift when looked from another point of view. You are able to work together with the League to ensure anything like your creation does not happen again, and help protect nature from reckless use of magic. Your anger, while justified, is perhaps a bit too rash. Do you think you could ever do anything such as this to protect nature from further magical perversion?

- Poppy

((Thought ya could use a bump :3 ))
(( <3 ))

Ambassador,

You have always been a voice of reason. And you have many valid points. Points that I have already realized, and have taken to heart.

I see this curse also as an opportunity, yes, to prevent further atrocities such as my existence to happen. But just because I now have the opportunity to prevent it, does not mean that what happened to me is justified. The fact that I exist in the first place as a Treant is an abomination to Nature.

While I do not wish to say too much, do regard the fact that I am using my existence as many things. As a warning to what will happen if reckless magic use continues. As a guardian and protector of the future. As Nature's righteous hand, to deal out judgement to those who do not heed the warnings.

I am angry, because no one listens. They are slow to realize the effects on the earth of what they do. Realizing after the harm has been done is nice, but it is not enough. I... "help" them realize what they are doing before they do harm to the world.

Mostly by doing harm to them. It tends to get the point through. That, and my newfound abilities make it oh so easy to.

Ask A Treant

08-31-2012

(Lebump)

Denovean

09-01-2012

Great Treant

Do you have kindred spirits with a league's champion?