Operation: Minnows to Sharks

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-26-2009
1 of 7 Riot Posts

League of Legends beta community,

As many of you know, League of Legends is currently in open beta, and we’re adding thousands of new users very rapidly. Many of these players will not have the l33t skills of existing players, and it will take some time to ramp up to your level of awesomeness.

We’re looking to existing players and community members to be helpful and welcoming to the new base of players.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it- Is to help us help some of these new players ease their way into the game and into the League of Legends community. There are several ways that we’re requesting assistance that would be extremely helpful:

• Host tutorial games for new players – This has been extremely successful for us in the past. Experienced testers such as our Emissaries have hosted games where they introduce new players into this type of game, and explain the basics to them.
  • Create a second account and help people anonymously – While we normally wouldn’t encourage players to create accounts, in this instance we think there’s a ton of benefit. If you’re a new player- imagine how much better your experience could be if you had someone there to explain the basics!
  • Spread this message – Even if you don’t have the time or desire to help the noobs directly, sharing this message with a friend who might be interested would be extremely helpful.

We know that this type of operation isn’t for everyone – but for the few who step forward, we will be eternally grateful. Even if you don’t do any of these specific activities, if you see a new player, try to be helpful and welcome them to the League of Legends community.

Several Riot operatives will be masquerading as new players looking for people who are being helpful, and if you run into one - you may get a free League of Legends Digital Collector's Pack!
-Pendragon

Kamiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Great idea! I'm glad to see members of Riot taking such steps to ensure that new users have the best experience possible instead of releasing the game and expecting them to take things into their own hands. Great job, Riot!

Violet

10-26-2009

I've actually been doing this at least 2 times a week for 2 hours per session on my first account(Rozman).

I host games every Friday & Sunday night at:

Quote:
Ventrilo
IP Address: vent.clanx17.net
Port: 3806
Just send a page to Rozman or FraggedPrincess and I'll gladly take the time to help anyone out.

I'm available in this Ventrilo Server at least 4 hours a day and am more than willing to help anyone out who comes into the server.

Fuzzylogic85

10-26-2009

3rd?

The Poj

10-26-2009

I would have thought Top Men had more important issues.

Katai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2009

Roger!

Phanman

10-26-2009

I'd love to help them with the store, but you guys won't get it working.

Veridic

Adjudicator

10-26-2009

I think this is a great idea- my friends and I at LM have been doing similar throughout our stead in beta- but having something like this supported by Riot is wonderful!

Edit: in fact I will be giving up my free IP boost to help spearhead this on my young account

Do you think you could make specific channels in the beta vent for people who want to do this (if you haven't already)?

Argent Shaman

10-26-2009

I'll try to help out when I can.

Leonelda

10-26-2009

1st page

This is a really good idea but sometimes when I've tried I just find that there are some people who even after a few months just don't get it.

1234511 ... 27