Warding- Whose Responsibility?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malthazar

03-11-2012

I know warding is important, but nobody ever seems to ward. And it is really frustrating for me to keep buying wards by myself. I know when you have a jungler on your team, part of his responsility is to ward. However, even so, the jungler shoulnd't have to ward every single place in the map. I think everybody has to pitch in... Is it fair to say that people should ward all the key spots near their respective lanes? Or is it more of a support character's + junglers responsiblity? (i almost never see people who play support though..)

Indian

03-11-2012

Support, if no support then jungler, if no jungler and no support, then usually whoever backs first.

Izzach

03-11-2012

do you need wards?

ask the support or jungler if they could ward X

do you still need wards?

buy wards.

downvotes? ive had supports that "just had to finish their philo" so they come back to lane with no wards.

i decide, hey im going to take 150 gold out of working towards a bf sword (equal to what? 5 minion kills?) and keep myself from dying to a gank. not worth it?

Torencresent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2012

whos responsiblity? its everyone on the team. The support buys for bot lane river, the carry can pick some up later on when pushing after first tower down, so they dont get ganked. The jungler usually has wriggles, and should always have at least one entrance to friendly jungle covered, mid should ward whatever side the jungle doesnt ward, and top should do the tri bush if blue, and the river if purple. There is no such thing as only support buying wards, at least not until mid-late game. But really everyone should be always getting a ward if they have the little extra cash after going b. Why not? it saves you in the long run, so whats 75 gold over dying? In fact, it usually gets you free kills cus you see someone backing of you counter jungle/gank. Higher elo players have most the map warded at all times, and low elo players should learn to as well. Then oracles can be used a little more properly, to counter wards.

Dekar Volff

03-11-2012

75 gold = 3 minions,
whenever i "b" I buy a ward first, and then my items, cuz if i "finish my X item" and then give 300ish gold cuz I died from a succesful gank, it's not worth it

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

03-11-2012

Everyone should ward their own area

KnightSynergy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

It's everyone's responsibility. But it's just like today's society; no one acts responsibly and that's why we have so many teenage parents.

Why so serious? Not really. You don't have to ward, just like you don't have to stop yourself getting a teenage girl pregnant (or if you're a girl, getting yourself pregnant while still a teenager).

Ephemis

03-12-2012

Everyone should ward. The difference having sight over the map and not having it is huge, and the only way you are going to achieve it is with everyone pitching in.

If the support is dropping a few, the jungler is throwing one down at jungle exits/entrances, and top lane is warding... that alone is a huge boon to every lane. Not just for seeing a gank or an invade, but for knowing if it's safe to push a lane a bit or try an invade. If their jungler is setting up a gank that will fail bottom, you're free to invade at top.

The best ranged ad are those that work with their support, and appreciate them enough to fill gaps in ward coverage or just help out in general. Middle lane is probably the biggest difference maker if they actually get wards. Not only because middle benefits the least from the most common ward drops, but because you can ward near jungle entrance/exits.

Then next time you play, buy another ward. They're great.

Qwyxzl

03-12-2012

Support typically buys the first, maybe even second ward, for his carry. Beyond that, it's everybody's job. Jungle and support don't have nearly the amount of gold in comparison, it's better if the job of warding goes to everybody.

Tetryon

03-12-2012

Top has to ward to prevent ganks from happening from tri-bush.
Bot has to ward to prevent ganks from dragon
Mid should ward near enemy wraiths to spot enemy jungle early while having your jungle ward bot brush in mid to deny access that way.

It's everyone's responsibility to protect themselves and 3 minions every 3 minutes is paltry. there is no excuse not to buy a ward every time you back unless you are full build.