FPS drops due to patch, no previous issues, all current "fixes" do nothing.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlobPower

08-18-2012

Anybody else lag on the 1st announcement in the game? "Welcome to SR" in SR or "30 seconds until minions spawn" in PG. At this time, without minions in the game, my fps go to up to 60 in PG, and then on the announcement, it freezes for half a second, showing 30 fps. To me this is proof that the fps display is bull**** btw, it should display 2 fps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkbellytacos View Post
same FPS problem. even changing settings to low does nothing. the only thing that helps at all is closing the LOL client while i play, but that's super annoying.
Suspending the client works a little better:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1086230

Nerokyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Getting this on a 560 gtx ti, can run planetside 2 beta maxed out with very smooth fps.

Cheap Hose

10-20-2012

bump

Gl0um

10-20-2012

Try to update Adobe Air, was having the same problem now it's fine

Mender

10-20-2012

Same here.

It is happening randomly, can be outside or inside teamfights, anytime. The drops from 60 fps to 5. It is impossible to play this way.

Before I don't had this problem ...

jcope

10-24-2012

bump,
My laptop used to be able to play LoL with high settings and shadow with steady 30fps. [rare fps drops]
Now for about a week I have had my setting on Very Low and no shadow enable. Every time I attack someone or get attacked myself I drop well below 12fps. This is unbearable, EVERY single team fight my fps drops to 5fps. If I put the fps cap to stable sometime when I am walking with no minions or other champions it will be between 30 and 60 fps [usually towards 30] but I as soon as I fight someone it drops to <12 fps. My laptop is not the greatest but it should still be able to run LoL like it used to.
I have updated windows, and also tried to change the system settings to best performance. This does nothing. I play without skype and it still doesnt help. I've tried to look through many threads and cannot find a fix. Most of the threads are older and I'm wondering if there is now an easy fix. please help
excuse my grammar. I did not proof read, and I mess up a lot when I am rushing.

Tristan Navarre

10-24-2012

^
Exactly the issues I am having anymore explained to a T.

jcope

10-24-2012

bump .

whoateallthepies

10-25-2012

Has anyone found fixes for the FPS drop on yesterday's patch?

DTRawDog

10-25-2012

A big issue i have is that when my screen shows certain abilities with many sprites la maokais ulti, vaynes ult or fiddles ult my fps drops from 40 to 4... It is just impossible to play. In skirmishes the things isnt that noticable, but in teamfights, the thing is terrible. I've checked the forums and there is A LOT of people with the same issue, and they all run set the graphics to the minimun and still get this trouble. Riot Help!!