FPS drops due to patch, no previous issues, all current "fixes" do nothing.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lone N00b

05-02-2012

Edit: I have included a video for a visual representation of this. Please note this does NOT happen in spectator mode, leaving me to believe it is an error with the patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDps9...ature=youtu.be

This thread has been restated many times, but I'm making this one to show that I've done every other possible thing to fix this.

I get incredible drops in FPS whenever I am auto attacking or casting a spell in game now. I tested this by making a custom game and attacking the wraiths. The game ran at a consistent 30 fps (normal for my computer) up until I began attacking. Upon selecting a wraith my fps dropped to about 15 and stayed there, occasionally dipping down to about 5. Once the wraiths were dead, it went back to 30. This makes the game entirely unplayable

I have put all the graphics set to the minimum and the sound turned off. It doesn't fix it.

I have had the game for nearly a year and in that time it has worked fine, my computer can run the game just fine

I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled the client multiple times, and I have done a repair installation twice. It fixed nothing

I have defragged, virus/malware scanned my pc, and closed all other programs and processes. It fixes nothing.

I joined a game as a spectator, and the game worked just fine. I never encoutered any FPS drops, it only seems to happen whenever my champion does something or something is done to him.

I cannot think of any other fixes, and I'm sure this is a problem due to the latest patch. Is there anything else I can do?

Foxhound Delta

05-02-2012

Same thing has been happening to me and none of those fixes worked hopefully Riot can find out whats wrong and fix it soon.

tonieeh

05-02-2012

i played with 3 fps in mid... stupid

DodgeRT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

this is a patch problem that riot may or may not fix **** sucks badly im tired of it already i cant even play bots

MòóseKnuckle

05-02-2012

Bump

downsmash

05-02-2012

Same problem here, bump

KhRoN1K

05-02-2012

bump

same here..... we need a hot fix nao!!!

Ryuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-02-2012

plz fix riot. can't even play bots.

BrentR

05-02-2012

yup same problem. always had 60 frames persecond now it drops a lot even down to 10 fps then goes back up to 60 after fighting stops.

Bokfresh

05-02-2012

I'm getting the same issue

I've noticed this happens mostly when I see the auras that appear when you target something.

These auras are also showing up randomly, and a lot more than they should be showing at times too.

1234511 ... 24