Which version makes more sense?

Version 1 19 90.48%
Version 2 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

How long did Ionia vs. Noxus last?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regztil

05-12-2013

I'm a bit unsure between two popular interpretation of the lore bits we have on this.

Version 1.

1. Noxus invades
2. Battle of The Placidium happens after an unknown amount of time
3. Noxus is driven back but holds onto the three Southern provinces
4. Ionia joins the League but loses the first Trial of the Isle
6. Seven Years pass and Trial of the Isle 2 happens after enough protests, Ionia is victorious

Total: 7+ years but unspecified. Since 1-4 could have all taken place within months given Ionia is not a huge country and they were losing grounds very quickly to the Noxian army.

Plus it's unlikely that Ionia took so long to petition their League membership so we're most likely looking at around 8~ years total of for the war and military occupation ?

Version 2.

1. Noxus invades
2. The war lasts seven years until the Noxian army is halted at the Placidium
3. Ionia joins the League but loses the Trial for the Isle match
4. Seven more years go by before Trial for the Isle 2

Total: 14+ years?

This would make anyone who fought in the war extremely old by current time.

Which one makes more sense?

AskUdyr

05-12-2013

I actually made it last about 2,3 years just for the sake of character's ages, more specifically Irelia's.

Irelia in her judgement is described as a young woman. I'm guessing that means 18-24sh? So...Yeah the timeline is a bit @#!$ed up.

Really couldn't tell you. Both options makes everyone who was in the war older, because the time pause between the war and the League is...I think 7 years? Maybe 10?

I think it's 7, I'd have to check my notes, the reason why we know this though is because of how Ionia refused to let Noxus reign the southern provinces for the full 15 years, and thanks to Lee's sacrifice, 7 years are knocked off.

So essentially, what you need to do is X + Y = Z

X = Years of Ionian War
Y = Years between the War and the Rematch
Z = the year of the Rematch, 22 CLE if I remember correctly.

The League was formed and in power for 22 years at that time, 23 years now. The war has to fall between there, incorporate the ages of all the champions involved in the war, and the time between the end of the war and the time of the I v N Rematch.

Regztil

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
I actually made it last about 2,3 years just for the sake of character's ages, more specifically Irelia's.

Irelia in her judgement is described as a young woman. I'm guessing that means 18-24sh? So...Yeah the timeline is a bit @#!$ed up.

Really couldn't tell you. Both options makes everyone who was in the war older, because the time pause between the war and the League is...I think 7 years? Maybe 10?

I think it's 7, I'd have to check my notes, the reason why we know this though is because of how Ionia refused to let Noxus reign the southern provinces for the full 15 years, and thanks to Lee's sacrifice, 7 years are knocked off.

So essentially, what you need to do is X + Y = Z

X = Years of Ionian War
Y = Years between the War and the Rematch
Z = the year of the Rematch, 22 CLE if I remember correctly.

The League was formed and in power for 22 years at that time, 23 years now. The war has to fall between there, incorporate the ages of all the champions involved in the war, and the time between the end of the war and the time of the I v N Rematch.
I do believe it was said 8 more years was too long of a wait at the time of Lee Sin's immolation. So exactly 7 years passed after the first trial.

Luscious Lenny

05-14-2013

if lee sinn fought instead of lighting his ass on fire he could of helped then end the war within months

TP Dragios

05-30-2013

Dude lets not apply logic in fantasy and assume that the characters/ creatures are immortal and barely age, what if the life span of real humans and their differ?

Toki Wo T0mare

05-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP Dragios View Post
Dude lets not apply logic in fantasy and assume that the characters/ creatures are immortal and barely age, what if the life span of real humans and their differ?
Fantasy is still somewhat based in reality, so no.

Liosrakia88

2 Weeks Ago

I will be posting this as a small part of an entirely different article, but I figured I might as well put it here if anyone is still on this thread and interested.

0 CLE: League is founded.
Planning to invade Ionia begins…
6 CLE: Noxus invades Ionia
13 CLE: Ionia calls for a League match; loses.
20 CLE: Decemer. Ionia wins the rematch, gains control of Ionia
22 CLE: Swain becomes Grand General of Noxus, canon JOJ timeline ends.