A way to get everyone to play draft.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
Allow me to paint a picture:

You're a decent player that wants to climb ELO and play with the big kids. You want a good chance at winning, though if you lose to better players it's still a fun game. The people on your team want some variety, so they pick Vlad, Sejuani, AP Shaco, AD TF, and AD Sion. Loading screen pops up, and you're against Yorick, Ahri, Pantheon, Poppy, and Urgot.

Now that match-up may seem fun, except add in that your AP Shaco is only trying to backcap, and does so ineffectively, and your AD Sion thinks he can 1v4.

The OP champs don't guarantee a win, but with some of these teammates out there, every advantage is desired.
So what your saying is less chance of cacti face-rolling on the keyboard ?

I guess thats a decent step in the right direction, but how does this differ from say SR draft. Whats to stop people from Rage dodge, trolling etc .... or just generally flooding into draft to spite people like they do in normals.

deepbluereason

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I'd play it if every draft game didn't involve 2 hours of sitting in queue and 1 hour of dodging.
Pretty much this. A few minute queue times plus 5 minute CS for a 15 minute game is already bad enough. Add to that queue dodging and you can easily spend more time waiting for a game to start then you do playing the game.

Kiddalee

05-03-2012

I would go on the list, but I'm unlikely to be matched with people at the long-queue-times Elo, so I don't know how much my draft queuing would help.

Orphane

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
Allow me to paint a picture:

You're a decent player that wants to climb ELO and play with the big kids. You want a good chance at winning, though if you lose to better players it's still a fun game. The people on your team want some variety, so they pick Vlad, Sejuani, AP Shaco, AD TF, and AD Sion. Loading screen pops up, and you're against Yorick, Ahri, Pantheon, Poppy, and Urgot.

Now that match-up may seem fun, except add in that your AP Shaco is only trying to backcap, and does so ineffectively, and your AD Sion thinks he can 1v4.

The OP champs don't guarantee a win, but with some of these teammates out there, every advantage is desired.
Tell that to Blind Pick Bandits! >:/

Angry Steak

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
I exclusively Draft.
^
The queue times and I have become really close... awkwardly close 0.0

Also, since it was brought up, whatever happened to the last DDD?(http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2004107)

Risemix

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor Rising View Post
Personally I don't find draft anywhere near as fun, so it's a no from me.

In blind pick people play what they enjoy and the strongest champions can often go missing from both sides of the match, whereas in draft, I can guarantee that if you ban 6 of the 10 strongest champions, the other 4 will see play. Not my cup of tea.
Why was this guy downvoted? He's spot on.

In blind pick people play what they want. In draft, let's say you ban Urgot, Yorick, Rammus, Kassadin, Wukong, and Poppy, someone is going to swoop and pick up whichever champions weren't banned: Warwick, Pantheon, Jax, etc. This is because draft mode is more competitive and people want to win, but also because people are afraid of someone choosing those guys themselves.

It's weird but draft teams often end up more stacked than blind teams, which have offpick champs much more often. Draft games might have a higher skill level, it's true, but they also tend to just be everything about dominion that makes dominion frustrating. Sorry, I don't WANT to see Pantheon in every game, and I don't want to be automatically punished with that guy I forgot to ban, just for banning Panth. SR with all it's flaws sees a much bigger array of champions at every elo but the very top. Dominion players are obsessed with having opportunities to stomp with Pantheon and Wukong, and Draft players especially.

So no, I'll stay in blind pick and get the occasional Rammus or Poppy or whatever and skip the queue times.

In simple terms, in blind, there's a chance I might end up with a couple of the top 10 champs on my or the enemy team. In draft, there's no longer just a chance, it's a certainty.

GeneralDirection

05-04-2012

Go ahead and sign me up. But I'll let you know now, even a list of 500 people is nowhere near enough to significantly improve queue times. 500 people divided across 7 days, different time zones, and different elo levels spreads a player base thin. Sorry for the negativity. I think it's a great idea and I like the intentions behind it, I just think it will require a more active role on Riot's part to get the gears turning. There's nothing like official support to draw the bulk of the community's attention.

Face Chomp

05-04-2012

Add me to the list... But it still won't help with all the dodgers which is my main issue with draft

Psi21

05-04-2012

The biggest sucktaskic thing about draft is you counter pick their entire team. Only for the other team to notice this and just dodge with absolutely no penalty. Get on with your games and just blind pick until next season where they may have ranked play.