A way to get everyone to play draft.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyvernfist

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukulkan View Post
Or we could do the draft day, announce it with at least one week of anticipation and keep the thread bumped so we make sure that the most amount of players possible see it and participate.
+1

MajorUrsa

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
The reason why most people play blind is because the random players are plentiful. Sure we can get lots of teams to acknowledge draft and queue up there, but those who never read the forums will, by default, play blind, which is mostly why the people who DO read the forums play blind at the moment. Queue times are just shorter in blind period =/
Pretty much this. I'd rather play draft but the queues are absurd, I can often play and finish a game of blind before a draft queue pops.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
Then why were you taking Smite/Flash?
Because i play nunu as a jungler ?

Jokes aside, im one of those that hasnt taken to draft mode yet but has a few hundered dom games under my belt in normals so i'd like to be enlightened as to what makes draft any better.

For me, atleast as a player i dont mind "OP picks" it's something that makes the game semi challenging or entertaining and fun when you do infact pull off a victory.

Cauldrath

05-02-2012

If you could make part of the list requirement that no one will queue for draft with 2-4 players, I'd join the list, as well, once it got up to a good-sized % of the draft player base.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

I think Viktoree tried a DDD (Dominion Draft Day) a while back. Not sure how well it went though

Wyvernfist

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimwitt View Post
For me, atleast as a player i dont mind "OP picks" it's something that makes the game semi challenging or entertaining and fun when you do infact pull off a victory.
Allow me to paint a picture:

You're a decent player that wants to climb ELO and play with the big kids. You want a good chance at winning, though if you lose to better players it's still a fun game. The people on your team want some variety, so they pick Vlad, Sejuani, AP Shaco, AD TF, and AD Sion. Loading screen pops up, and you're against Yorick, Ahri, Pantheon, Poppy, and Urgot.

Now that match-up may seem fun, except add in that your AP Shaco is only trying to backcap, and does so ineffectively, and your AD Sion thinks he can 1v4.

The OP champs don't guarantee a win, but with some of these teammates out there, every advantage is desired.

Cauldrath

05-02-2012

There's a difference between picking for variety and purposely constructing a team of champs that range from sometimes ok to terrible. You wouldn't put a team like that together in draft, so why would you in blind pick? If you're in blind pick, just accept that you only get to play decent champs (which is like 4/5ths of the cast) when someone else on your team picked a bad one, and if people pick multiple bad ones, you have to pick someone in the top 1/3rd. It's not like there is THAT much of a difference in effectiveness between, say, Kassadin and Sejuani and definitely not that much of a difference between, say, Wukong and Irelia that a half-hearted attempt at grabbing strong characters doesn't give you a good chance at beating an all-star team.

Lopretni

05-02-2012

Not until they balance Dominion. Which Riot has shown zero interest in.

At least with blind pick, you can pick OP champions to counter their OP picks. Draft simply doesn't have enough bans to get rid of all the overpowered champions, and often times your counter options get banned in any case.

KSHarrison

05-02-2012

I shall play. Draft always is more fun than blind. Players are better, teams are more balanced.

inFe eD

05-02-2012

Better way: just go to the DD chat, and prearrange teams of 5 to hop into draft so they match against each other. Near-instant queues, and much lower risk of dodges since they'll bring shame to their famiry if they do.