A way to get everyone to play draft.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

05-02-2012

I'd probably sign up for the list. I miss draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
you can definitely put me on that list.

However, the reason some people don't play draft is kinda silly when you think about it. Draft queue times are long because no one plays draft, and no one plays draft because queue times are long. Kind of self-defeating. I have wondered what would happen if Riot got rid of blind pick entirely, if that would help draft become more popular.
The queue times are indeed a big part of the problem. No penalties for dodging multiplies that problem. People don't get the bans they want and/or don't like their team comp - they can dodge and jump right back in the queue. Even if we get a sizable list of draft players going, this could perhaps still be a problem.

GrignardTS

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
...and 1 hour of dodging.
This is why I hate draft.

For me its like 5 minute ques with 30 minutes of dodging.

I also prefer blind because its easier for me to team comp. Whenever I used to play draft I was the banner 70-80% of the time and I hate first picking in Dominion. Very little others know about dominion team comp and just will lock in a full poke, full ad, full ap, full tank teams over and over again.

And since no one talks or discusses team comp at champ select because "lolitsdominion", I have to blindly lock in.

Wyvernfist

05-02-2012

I think we're better off starting with a Draft Day, then moving on to two days a week once that gets popular. From there, the world!

Argodis

05-02-2012

Too much dodging. People even dodge when they don't like the summoners you have.

Wyvernfist

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Too much dodging. People even dodge when they don't like the summoners you have.
Then why were you taking Smite/Flash?

Orphane

05-02-2012

I feel like premades vs. randoms in draft could potentially be 10x worse because draft mode has less players overall, therefore to make a match happen LoL's matchmaking compromises its own integrity (lol what integrity, right) in order to get those people in game.

EDIT: But if enough people would solo queue for draft I would do it as well :P

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

I exclusively Draft.

The Elk

05-02-2012

I'd join the list.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
full tank teams over and over again.
full tanky teams be OP. never die, always cc

Kukulkan

05-02-2012

You can put me in that list as well, I almost exclusively play draft.

We seriously have to do a head count, people wont just jump into the draft wagon just by seeing a couple of guys saying "I'll play draft" people want to see numbers, so I would say that the first order in business is to count how many players are currently playing draft, and how many players currently play blind just because of the queue times, if everything goes well those numbers will convince players to go draft.

Or we could do the draft day, announce it with at least one week of anticipation and keep the thread bumped so we make sure that the most amount of players possible see it and participate.

Just my two cents.