[Item Idea] Jungle item with active that makes you invisible to sight wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightCheckmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I think it would create interesting gameplay to have an active ability on a jungler item that provides something like 5 sec stealth towards sight wards (not champions).

Some notes:
Vision wards would still see you.
Attacking someone or a ward would reveal you to ward sight.
It would help in ganks, but only if you timed it right, and knew where a ward was. This would also cause champs to be more creative in their ward placement to prevent the ganks.
Would also have counterplay with the purchase of vision wards.
Depending on the stats associated with the item, it would make a decision point for the jungler instead of the current stale builds.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Mmmm...

Sound interesting, a Stealth metod only to wards. I don't believe that will be inbalanced, maybe.
I think I'm aproving this .

pro crastinat0r

10-16-2012

Oracles already basically gives the same benefits. Just ward clear and come back later. So while it sounds cool most junglers would probably would find a spot for this in the build.

(but +1 for creative thinking, stale builds = stale game)

ChampStat

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro crastinat0r View Post
Oracles already basically gives the same benefits. Just ward clear and come back later. So while it sounds cool most junglers would probably would find a spot for this in the build.

(but +1 for creative thinking, stale builds = stale game)
Perhaps we change the idea to something like Oracle's, but it only reveals sight wards. The OP's intent seems to be to create counterplay against sight wards, but is in turn countered by vision wards. Of course, this new Oracle's would be cheaper in order to make it more attractive if sight wards are your only problem.

MicManGuy

10-16-2012

I really like this idea. The question would be, would it be too powerful when combined with oracles? I've found a lot of instances where I know there's a ward at dragon/baron and the simple running up to and killing of it alerts everyone that I'm going for it. Having a ward just disappear from the minimap is harder to notice.

A slightly different option (and possibly more op): maybe it could be like a one use potion (like mana and health pots) It doesn't solve the "stale jungle build" problem, but something else to think about. It would change the entire game.

What other stats would you think this jungle item would have? Is it supposed to be an alternative to wriggle's lantern?

KnightCheckmate

10-16-2012

Well when you begin to attack a ward, it would reveal you, so people would know you are there at that point. I would liken it to the way eve works with sight wards. They can't see her unless she is attacking them or just used an ability.

It would be weaker than eve in the point that it would be an active and only last a limited amount of time. It would be different then oracles, because with oracles you destroy the ward and reveal your presence, whereas with this you may time it just right to surprise an enemy, while they think they are safe.

One play example I can think of is having an oracles in combination with it, where you see a ward pretend to go the other direction. Then stealth from it and go in for the gank.

Evelynn's mechanics already utilize this idea, and that's why I don't believe its over powered. What makes it balanced is unlike Eve's stealth, it only hides you from wards and not from champ vision and only for a limited time each active.

Thinking more about it, this item could even be a boot option that has an active ability instead of other stats.

Ordray

10-16-2012

I like the idea of having it on boots. Nice idea.

JustMyBassCannon

10-16-2012

inb4 Evelynn

HIroki Uzami

10-16-2012

We already have plenty of countering in this area. Wards are one of the only ways to protect from ganks. If you can't gank the support or jungle should be counter warding. This is a huge part of being a support. As someone who mains support and knows that the real contribution to your team is winning the ward war I would be terribly upset if all of my counter warding and gold and work was negated buy a single item. Stealth is a mechanic that makes eve and twitch a nasty surprise. Even if it's only from wards giving people with hard cc the ability to just show up in my lane despite playing my position well seems unfair.

Talithun

10-16-2012

Bump