Do you agree with these changes?

Yes. 19 57.58%
No. 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

ALREADY? Hecarim Buff Proposal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

05-01-2012

RadioAaron here again to try and buff another champion. I tried my hand at Sej and at Renekton. People usually agree with me, and by people i mean about the 20 or so people that actually take at look at them.

Sejuani: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2019764
Renekton: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2069647

Anyway, here is my Hecarim buff:

Who wouldve thought that a champion tested through the PBE for a month or so would be released as a pretty underpowered champion?

Why would you give a champion a passive that nearly every champion in the game can make useless? Why would you put such heavy minion limitations on a champion who has a kit perfect for jungling? Why would you boast about a champions unique AOE heal if the cooldown is too long and the duration is too short to provide good sustain? Why would you give a champion an ultimate that barely does any damage and is easily counted by a simple boot selection? Why would you delay a champion just to release them as underpowered, underwhelming, lackluster and useless? Its these questions that I am asking of Riot and its these questions that im trying to solve with the following proposed buff.

His passive was easily shut down and made useless by any form of significant slow, which is doable by almost every champion in the game. So instead of bonus movement speed its over total movement speed.

The minion limitation on his Q and W severely limited his ability to Jungle, although his kit just screams Jungler to me and to most people. If you choose Hecarim most people demand that you fulfill that specific role. But can he do it well at this current time? Not with a minion limitation. So, I removed such limitation thus allowing him to jungle much faster. This will also allow him to actually make it out of the jungle with a decent amount of health and also allow him to sustain himself in a solo top situation.

Speed over time on a chaser isnt that great. Instant speed increase, much like on Master Yi, is very useful though. This change should allow Hecarim to catch up to or even run away from opponents easier. The passive movement speed increase is so his kit synchronizes with itself more. You can see this in many other champions.

Hecarim's ult seems like a great crowd control option that can easily assist your team or even yourself in a fight. Wrong. The damage is incredibly low, so I raised it to somewhat standard ult damage. Most importantly, if you pick up Mercury Treads (for example) the ult only lasts .66 seconds. Not really long enough to do much. So I raised it to 2 seconds.

Warpath (Passive):
- Hecarim gains attack damage equal to 10/15/20% of his total movement speed from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20/22.5/25% of his bonus movement speed.
- still ignores unit collision

Rampage (Q):
- Now does 100% damage to minions and monsters
- Base damage changed to 80/115/150/185/220 from 50/85/120/155/190

Spirit of Dread (W):
- Duration changed to 6 seconds from 4
- Cooldown changed to 10 seconds from 14
- No longer has a healing cap on minions

Devastating Charge (E):
- Passively increases Movement speed by 4/5/6/7/8%
- Active now increases Hecarim's movement speed by 75% instantly for 4 seconds

Onslaught of Shadows (R):
- Cooldown changed to 120/110/100 from 140/120/100
- Initial Magic Damage changed to 150/300/500 from 100/200/300
- Shockwave Damage changed to 75/150/250 from 50/125/200
- Duration of fear changed to 2 seconds

Aescher

05-01-2012

I've been playing around with Hecarim lately. He's a fun champ, but your suggested nerfs would break him hard. He'd be permabanned like shaco.

CragBlade

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aescher View Post
I've been playing around with Hecarim lately. He's a fun champ, but your suggested nerfs would break him hard. He'd be permabanned like shaco.
*buffs

I really hope they wouldnt. I also have played him and im trying not to make him too powerful but he is pretty weak right now.

Convergence

05-01-2012

I agree with the changes to Q and W, but not E or his ult. Devastating Charge is supposed to reward you for timing it just right, and allowing you to keep up with enemies with your Q spam before waiting until the last minute with your E. If they changed it, it'd just be boring.

But I also think his base speed and damage should be increased just a minor amount. At the moment, it almost feels as if the passive doesn't exist and his base stats are just balanced around the existence of it - not getting boots first just feels terrible and weak in virtually every aspect, which doesn't allow for much creativity.

El Dios De Fuego

05-01-2012

Well, ill have to play him a lot more during the Free to play week, but I found he was a slightly above average jungler for his ganks, but his jungle sustain was not too great. I ran through my 5 pots (5pot Armor start) in jungle really fast. But I did get good gank kills and that carried my team. I ended up doing really well. I would agree tho that a slight change to his skills to allow more sustain would be a nice addition. But I dont know about any serious buffs until i get a lot more playing in.

Aescher

05-01-2012

Yep, meant buffs. Words are hard.

cavecricket48

05-01-2012

Rampage would still amazing for jungling if it simply did 75% damage to minions, which would be far more reasonable to me.

Spirit of Dread I agree is far too short in duration. It also doesn't fit the name; I think that perhaps, if Riot's not going to extend the length of Spirit of Dread or decrease the cooldown, that they should add a small slowing effect that occurs when Spirit of Dread is active, which would help tremendously.

Now, Devastating Charge is a bit finnicky, since it does knock them back; this can either be a perfect setup to a kill, or you save them by chucking them back towards their turret. It should have its damage slightly raised, and if Hecarim pins someone against a wall, the victim should be stunned.

Now, the ult... It's not a true fear, but it's still an AoE one. So, instead of making the fear a solid 2 seconds the entire way, the duration should scale from 1 second to 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds.

I want Hecarim buffed. But this is a bit over the top.

Estroth

05-02-2012

LOL if that change happens to his w , dureing late game he will be unkillable with cdr and a spirits visage.....

Foofm

05-02-2012

Passive change: Good
Q change: Good
W change: Horribly overpowered
E change: Passive = good Active = bad
Ult change: Horribly overpowered

His W/Ult are fine (and so is E but a passive MS bonus isn't a bad idea). The Q and Passive changes however, are good and would probably put him where he needs to be.

But yea, he doesn't need his W up 100% of the time (with some CDR) and a 2 second AoE fear on a high damage ult lol. You aren't balancing him, you are breaking him.

Foofm

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estroth View Post
LOL if that change happens to his w , dureing late game he will be unkillable with cdr and a spirits visage.....
Yea, that would be ridiculously broken. He'd have more sustain then Mundo or anyone. It would be like Mundos Ult 100% of the time lol.