Fair Warning: Ex 4Not manager

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kararawr

05-02-2012

Good luck guys! I hope that you can get your money somehow.

Shiralune

05-02-2012

Wow o.o

Crownface

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LgN Reaper View Post
It's fraud because he claimed to be the owner of 4not, and not just the manager which he was.
Where in the OP is that mentioned?

mipeirong

05-02-2012

Said this in reddit and will say it here:

When Kramer121 joined 4Not, he didn't sign a contract or anything. When I asked him who 4Not was, he couldn't give me an answer. I always told him something like this could happen, because the way 4Not dealt was things always seemed pretty shady when Kramer talked to me about it. It's not surprising that something like this would happen, and it's a heads up to all those players and teams to make sure money gets distributed in a rightful manner.

Quantic SamBuca

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipeirong View Post
Said this in reddit and will say it here:

When Kramer121 joined 4Not, he didn't sign a contract or anything. When I asked him who 4Not was, he couldn't give me an answer. I always told him something like this could happen, because the way 4Not dealt was things always seemed pretty shady when Kramer talked to me about it. It's not surprising that something like this would happen, and it's a heads up to all those players and teams to make sure money gets distributed in a rightful manner.
There is a lot we could explain but to be honest everyone was deceived by Legacy at some point. Him telling the players we did not have time to meet them and everything was a big bust. We are not a shady organization and we've sent countless teams to event across the world. Our website will be up by the end of the week. Anyway..

Lesbian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Goodluck fellas

Crownface

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Not SamBuca View Post
There is a lot we could explain but to be honest everyone was deceived by Legacy at some point. Him telling the players we did not have time to meet them and everything was a big bust. We are not a shady organization and we've sent countless teams to event across the world. Our website will be up by the end of the week. Anyway..
Well, I'm curious, so can I ask how your team usually receives payments?

Do you just let whoever the acting "financial manager" or whoever they are receive checks made out directly to them, and then have them distribute payment to everyone else?

Quantic SamBuca

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Well, I'm curious, so can I ask how your team usually receives payments?

Do you just let whoever the acting "financial manager" or whoever they are receive checks made out directly to them, and then have them distribute payment to everyone else?

We normally carry every distribution of payouts to the teams but it seems Legacy actually took that over and flew with the money. At the time we were trying to get him to forward the payments to our organization so we could equally redistribute it but he always found odd reasons to not do it. I am not saying we are not at fault at all because this could of probably been avoided if we kicked out legacy since day 1.. But at the time everyone in his team trusted him.

mipeirong

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Not SamBuca View Post
WARNING: MULTI-PARAGRAPH POST

As Kramer's good friend, I kept up with 4Not and his gaming regularly. You may not be a shady organization at all, but the way it was handled, was indeed...shady. As eSports grows, so does the need to protect players involved in it. From what Kramer told me, he was shown a contract as well as the rest of the team right as the team started. He never signed anything, nor did anyone else that I am aware of. That being said, as an organization, you could have legally screwed him over or the other players by taking the funds since there was no binding agreement discussed on how funds were being paid out. It seems as though you just got the short end of the stick on the situation and dealt with someone that exposed that risk.

I don't know what Legacy's involvement with the team was, other than organizing scrims and being the guy tournament workers talk to, but it was clear that he was not being watched over that thoroughly enough. Did Legacy sign a contract with a section containing possible legal action if something like this occurs? The players may have trusted him -- you may have trusted him. You need to remember that this is the internet. No one really knows who each other are unless you know them in real life. With such a powerful position, you need to choose who you hire on more wisely.

I am more concerned over this because Kramer is one of my great friends. I know that he loved the 4Not organization and enjoyed his time on the team, but hopefully you've learned your lesson. Nothing is safe until you are all legally bound by certain terms. I shouldn't need to tell you that.

edit: that didn't seem to be nearly as long as I first thought. hmph

Quantic SamBuca

05-02-2012

We never actually hired Legacy to work for team4not. He was team fire manager and we picked up fire for our organization that had just begun at the time. No contracts were signed because we were just not ready to give the teams anything yet. There was no website and no sponsors at the time. We told them we would support them financially the best we could and we did. Legacy took care of this because his team trusted him and that is all. We are both at fault but he still stole the money.