Please do something about leavers.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinsuki

04-16-2012

DoRFspider

05-13-2012

Or we should just not lose any ELO when it's 4v5.... simple as that.

Maliton

05-15-2012

I totally agree with both posts. Its a real pain wining 12-16 elo per game just to lose 20 because someone rages or drops at game start. I could care less about my W-L ratio as long as i dont lose the elo because someone else quits.

Whtsmyname

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Any real game developer would have solved this problem the moment they introduced ranked games! Valve got it right.

itsDozier

05-15-2012

This is a touchy subject. Dealing with leavers is tough. Developing a system that deal with it correctly and cannot be exploited is even tougher. The only system ive seen so far that is even remotely decent and un-exploitable is the system HoN uses. Requiring 9/10 votes for a remake before 15 minutes. The problem ive found with that system, however, is that the opposing team can decide whether or not they are feeling sympathetic. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

If you implement a voting system that only required your team to vote then somebody could purposefully leave, have the other 4 vote to end the game resulting in no ELO loss/gain. This system would be heavily exploitable.

If you implement a system like DotA, although i'm not familiar with the new system Valve uses, but going off of what you said then you run into the same issue. If the game isn't going the right way then one person could potentially leave the game, and allow the other 4 people to leave without penalty. This system could also be highly exploitable.

I'm sure there are other systems as well that I haven't seen, but from my perspective, using an "honor system" like the latter 2 would just ruin too many games. They would ultimately create more problems than they would solve.

In conclusion, if we really wanted a system to deal with leavers then we could petition RIOT to implement a system similar to HoN (the 9/10 votes for remake before 15 minutes) but possibly lower it to 7/10 or 8/10 to cut down on the exploitation, or we could implement another system that has been proven in other MOBAs. But I think that is our answer, using a system that has been proven and possibly altering it to better suit LoL. I don't think implementing a system some Randy comes up with on the forums and expecting it to work with minimal testing would be worth RIOTs time and money.

Maliton

05-16-2012

Well a way to curb that would be having the leaver lose 3-5 times the normal elo. His team loses none but he loses elo per the other 4 members of his team. I mean i really doubt that someone woll want to purposly lose 60-90 elo for ditching a game. But there should be restrictions as to what constitutes a leaver. Whether it be 5 min of disconnect, or that crappy person who feeds early and just sits in the spawn pool the rest of the game because they gave up. I can see this system fixing some issues but still leaves the **** head players in game costing ya