Lux's Laser is BUGGED.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

borsticles

07-29-2012

Bumped!

Seen here too: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2415124

My Desired Name

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Any chance at addressing the particle vs. hitbox alignment on similar spells with "wide" art? It's particularly bad on Nidalee's Javelin, Caitlyn's Peacemaker, etc. Basically any skillshot with fat particles.
Especially Gragas's bodyslam

AngelofChampions

07-30-2012

How bout viktors laser staying on the ground not moving but registers dmg....

Kshamedo

08-01-2012

I play basically only lux. I never had this issue until I switched to my laptop with lower level graphics and internet connection. (I'm traveling) Same as others' complaints, I've landed completely dead on shots and everyone walked away undamaged and happy on the other team. This is a serious bug RIOT and one that is infuriating enough to seek out other games. Why play a hard to play character when your bloody ultimate doesn't even freaking work?

Crimson Queen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

It also happens with me, the laser get in the middle of enemy's face and doesn't do any damage, and there's nothing to do with Hexdrinkers or Banshees.

Xulsigae

08-01-2012

I too have problems with Lux's skill shots. They will pass through champions and minions alike without effect.

Austinodood

08-02-2012

Just came here for support because this bug pisses me off lol

Extremeasaurus

08-02-2012

At least I know why my skill shots seem to pass through units now. I really hope they find a fix

Zyrxil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I took some time to look into this. From what I have observed, the red indicating laser, when it is shot at an angle (not straight up or straight down) is slightly distorted as to where the actual spell lands because of the view angle you have as a player of the map. This might be what is happening with multiple skill shots.

So, what is happening is the laser is actually missing, but it looks like it lands.

I'm going to be looking into this and hopefully come to a resolution. Thank you guys for your patience.

Please see this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...xUo57VPU#t=16s

There is no way it's just the perspective. The hitboxes are clearly bugged. I don't know if it's related to the (now unfortunately common) skillshots going through people bug, or if it's something else unique to Lux, but the bug does exist.

Aliothale

08-04-2012

Bump!