Lux's Laser is BUGGED.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whapow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res0lu7ion View Post
So what you're telling me is lux's ult indicator is off the ground? Seriously? I've missed so many kills because of that?
It's because of the graphics update. When they added more detailed textures it caused some areas of the map to be at higher elevations. All skillshots miss when the target is actually in a slight depression. To fix this, all you need to do is fire the shot while crouching, so it travels closer to the ground.

Sim Sou Eu

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I took some time to look into this. From what I have observed, the red indicating laser, when it is shot at an angle (not straight up or straight down) is slightly distorted as to where the actual spell lands because of the view angle you have as a player of the map. This might be what is happening with multiple skill shots.

So, what is happening is the laser is actually missing, but it looks like it lands.

I'm going to be looking into this and hopefully come to a resolution. Thank you guys for your patience.
This can't be the reason.

Some missed kills before this patch I believe this could be it.
But now you can throw her laser on top of all enemies and it won't damage/hit whatsoever; or hits just some of them randomly.

From an usual Lux and Ezreal player, I can tell that this can't be the problem. This is a new problem that came with this patch and doesn't seem to be related with view prespective at all (since that is an old issue that makes you think you hit something when in fact you don't).

Now there's just strange things happening:
You can throw your Mystic shot into a crowd of minions and it sometimes passes through them all without doing nothing.
Or you can throw your Enchanted Crystal Arrow into an entire team and it will pass through them, doing no damage/stun/slow.
You can also try to use your Finales Funkeln to farm massive waves of minions only to discover that your laser didn't affect anything.

ltn2150

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Sona ulty same thing

Aliothale

07-25-2012

Bump.

Aliothale

07-27-2012

Bump

Aliothale

07-27-2012

Bump.

Aliothale

07-27-2012

Bump. Getting tired of missing my skillshots that clearly go through players. It's even worse now than it was before.

Gandir

07-28-2012

I have a similar issue with Grave's buckshot all the time. One or more of the buckshots does zero damage randomly.

AmericanCyclone

07-28-2012

Fix it!!!!! Please!

Stoober

07-28-2012

Any updates? I also don't believe that the view perspective is the problem. I've watched my own lasers and lasers from other players videos where the laser is clearly over where they are standing and not kill the target and sometimes even kill an entirely different target that is nowhere near the target line.
I read somewhere that Lux's laser can be thrown off by a traveling Q or even an E where the ult will change to one of those skillshot's hitbox. Not sure about that, but there is definitely a problem here!