Anivia vs Vlad mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

08-13-2010

Wait till next patch when they nerf the range on Vlad's Q. =x

Budvarus EX

08-14-2010

actually i think the best at mid is katarina... she can teleport and her blades are awesome for farm..i raped anivia on first lvl even with her egg.... when you are able to play agresive, and enemy does not have anything wiht + hp, like doorans, you have flat hp quint and doorans shiled, you can dive as hell...+ health and ignite, she rocks

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2010

Most Vlad's make it really obvious when they're going to transfusion you. Hit him with your stun when he runs at you and make him regret that decision with your spike.

TL Frolo

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominusElectus View Post
you have to hit all your spells. vlad is still the best solo mid out there though. don't let him eat away at you. instead draw him out away from his creeps before you unleash your combo.
kat and mordekaiser beg to differ
you could argue ap yi as well

Epistemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-14-2010

I personally think Anivia is better in a sidelane. Anivia's burst is almost enough to kill a champ in 1 go, add in a little extra damage from a lane partner, and you got yourself a mighty easy kill. Rinse and repeat.

To deal with Vlad, as with any other champ, you want to wait till they run at you to harass, then hit them with Q->E. If they are running at you, it shouldn't be too hard to hit with Q; follow up with E for lots of burst, then walk away. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Blue buff might help in this regard.

Mesker

08-14-2010

Not been playing long and I got matched up against annivia as vlad for the first time a couple of days ago.
Suffice to say she dominated me hard. Alot of it was inexperience, but the player seemed to know their stuff aswell.

Iceball > spike does tons of damage, it takes alot of vlads q's to make that health back early on.
Also she was offensive, firing balls off alot, of course most missed but any time one hit there was always a spike following it which again puts you on the back foot.

Then at lvl 6 the pain really starts, all she had to do to force me back was a second or two of ult followed by a spike, big damage every time even if you pool the spike you still lose alot.
If I remember correctly post lvl 6 if I made any attempt to q her personally I was guaranteed to get a ult>spike in my face which left me far worse off than her, on top of which if she also managed to iceball me id be taken right down to death risk levels.

Im sure a more experienced vlad would do alot better however that was my first time playing vlad mid I was the one in trouble.

GoldenPlum

08-14-2010

Yea, if I did manage to land my q he would go into a puddle right before I could land my e >.<

Polaritie

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarant View Post
Yea, if I did manage to land my q he would go into a puddle right before I could land my e >.<
make sure you have the double hit... the stun ought to trip him up.

GoldenPlum

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaritie View Post
make sure you have the double hit... the stun ought to trip him up.
I stun him, and when my e is flying towards his face, he goes into his puddle >.<

Epistemic

Recruiter

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarant View Post
I stun him, and when my e is flying towards his face, he goes into his puddle >.<
If you aren't getting the stun off with Q, you won't be able to follow up with E; if you aren't running towards him when the Q hits, you won't be able to follow up with E. Anivia's ult should still hit him while he's puddled though. Puddle has about a 20-22 second cooldown at level 1, if I remember correctly, so he can't just dodge everything.