We should start at 0 ELO rather than 1200.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pooping Shrooms

01-07-2013

/singed

Kayoh

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggroll9000 View Post
We should all start at 0 ELO and work our way up rather than 1200.

Here's why:

When we first start, we suck so we're on our way down.
Get down to the bottom let's say for the sake of argument we get as low as 100 ELO before we figure it out.
Start climbing.
While climbing, we are constantly running into people on their way down from 1200 cuz it's their first 20 games or something.
Get stuck in somewhere around 800-1200 where a **** ton of people on their way down so now you are thinking "I worked my way all the way back up from 100 just to run into someone that looks like they're reading the instructions while playing..."
You're actually better off playing at 300-500 elo then cuz they've played enough games to get that low!!!!!
It seems to be an unnecessary and strange wall.
0 is 0. If you suck at 0 ELO, it's ok. But if you worked your way up from 100 to say 1100 and are teamed up with 4 other people that are playing their 5th ranked game ever also at 1100, you're just eff'd.
Please consider and support. Thanks.

agreed/signed

m0b00st

01-08-2013

Been saying this since S1...So while I agree, I wont hold my breath.

fr33f4ll

01-08-2013

The point of hving an elo is to play with ppl your same skill level so you can get better. That is not the current case. I am constantly playing with ppl i have to teach even the most basic of principles. I am CR 1100CR and have been stuck there 40+ games. I rarely have a bad game but im not good enough to carry myself out. But i can tell yout his, i am so much better than the 1400 i play against when my RL's (1600CR)S play duo with me.

I just think riot took someone elses system and they dont know how to create their own. GG Riot!

BigTallUgly

01-08-2013

Its just that it works for the people who play the game 24/7, and doesnt work for the casual people. Riot doesnt seem to care.

BigTallUgly

01-11-2013

Bump

BigTallUgly

01-13-2013

Bump

BigTallUgly

01-14-2013

Bumpity bump bebump!

Worst Aus Riven

01-14-2013

This sounds like a bad case of elo inflation

Ferr3t

01-14-2013

Because that's not how an ELO system works. Riot didn't invent it, please go do your homework.