We should start at 0 ELO rather than 1200.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mehungwaylo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Oh, hehe, people don't understand the arbitrary nature of elo.

Um. So look up "arbitrary". Then look up what the elo system was designed around.

Then come back and try to post stuff? I guess?
I like how stupid people with no argument delude themselves into thinking they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rat...ribution_model

Befreee

02-01-2013

You clearly do not have the slightest understanding of how Elo systems work, or likely any basic understanding of statistics, math, or logic. Because if you did, you would immediately see the absolute absurdity of your suggestion.

Your request is completely impractical and it ignores the fundamental structure with which Elo rating systems function. The boldness with which you state your suggestion, and the support which others give your suggestion I find truly disheartening.

It seems as if the mindless masses which pervade these wretched forums will stop at nothing to rationalize their place in ladder. And so here we are, stuck with irrational concepts like your suggestion and ELO Hell. Why can't you tactless swine just accept reality?? You are not skilled at this video game. It's really not such a terrible thing, why must you remain in denial over it?

Mehungwaylo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befreee View Post
You clearly do not have the slightest understanding of how Elo systems work, or likely any basic understanding of statistics, math, or logic. Because if you did, you would immediately see the absolute absurdity of your suggestion.

Your request is completely impractical and it ignores the fundamental structure with which Elo rating systems function. The boldness with which you state your suggestion, and the support which others give your suggestion I find truly disheartening.

It seems as if the mindless masses which pervade these wretched forums will stop at nothing to rationalize their place in ladder. And so here we are, stuck with irrational concepts like your suggestion and ELO Hell. Why can't you tactless swine just accept reality?? You are not skilled at this video game. It's really not such a terrible thing, why must you remain in denial over it?
You haven't even demonstrated knowledge of anything but how to insult someone.Let me say this one more time and I'm done with this freakshow.

Let's say a player with a true elo of 300 plays his placement matches, starting at 0, and gets to 300 elo. Another player with a a true elo of 1200, plays his placement matches,starting at 0, and when he's at 300 elo he gets put into the game with the guy with the true elo of 300. It's not fair to the guy at his true elo of 300 to be placed in that match against a 1200 player.

It's really not that difficult to understand why it would not be fair to low elo players.

BigTallUgly

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befreee View Post

Well the problem is that Riot doesnt have an Elo rating system, they just call it that.

Which brings us to the original problem of dumping new and idiotic players right into the middle of a solo queue ladder, like a shrimp jambalaya.

If everyone worked their way up from the bottom, this wouldnt be a problem.

PainM4chine

02-02-2013

or, they could just use the original system...

namora

02-02-2013

Don't move the starting point to 0, shorten the length.

Tacoman206

02-02-2013

My god, the original poster has absolutely no concept whatsoever of statistics or math.

BigTallUgly

02-02-2013

Eh, okay, uh, no concept, right.

This has implications on the flaws of a video game...how?

BigTallUgly

02-04-2013

Bump

BigTallUgly

02-05-2013

Bamp