Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

I would just like to be able to hop into a game my friends are spectating so that we can watch it together or tip each other off to good games. Otherwise the spectating seems really good.

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?
This feature is not something I like.

It makes the client laggy, it's not something I care about...it should be on a tab or something...not on the landing page. (Maybe under custom games you could click it and go to a list of game that scroll out the info as you hover over them?)

Gary the Grand

05-05-2012

Other then the lack of replay saving it is amazing. Though which such a clean amazing set up it's a crime almost for it to not be able to save a replay.

Kirbunis

05-05-2012

Some form of chat would be nice. Don't know how many times I've been spectating (or a friend's spectating) and we're trying to get in touch, but, there's no chat in spectate mode!

I can understand not having a chat client in spectate mode to prevent abusing it by communicating with players in the game, but if someone were going to do this then they would probably use ventrilo or skype or somesuch instead of the in-game chat.

TL;DR: Chat would be nice in spectate so that you know when people are trying to get you into a match with them instead of just spectating.

Zarocross

05-06-2012

Spectator mode is stunning. I thought i was just going to see what my brother saw, but this was incredible. It was a fantastic experience.

About the only suggestion i would make is to have an option that causes the camera to quickly moving across the map rather than just moving instantly. It became a little hard to look at, because i was focusing on it intently.

Other than that, it was spectacular. Loved it.

lsotope

05-06-2012

Spec mode has been great so far gj Riot and keep it up.

There are a few suggestions I would like to make that may improve spectator mode and the user friendliness of it ;
- Allowing the person to choose whether of not friends can spectate them. Sometimes teams practice some secret strats but with fl spectate things will be revealed a bit too much of the plan.

-There is a bug with the items when you view a game about 12mins in, (eg Dorans blades become Agility Cloaks and Doran's shields become rejuv beads.

Cheers

Jhunga

05-06-2012

Spectator Mode is great! I like the rewind and slow motion functions to catch all the action!

General suggestions:
1. Make the "warning" mini-map pings different colors for each team rather than all yellow.
2. Allow to re-watch the match after the "Victory" screen.
3. Allow to re-watch the game you just finished playing.

Directed Camera suggestions:
1. Prioritize watching the squishiest champions during ganks/team fights rather than tanks.
2. After a fight or gank stay on the lowest life champion if they are taking DOT to see if they live/die.
3. While a team is killing Baron include Baron's health bar in the shot.

*I didn't read all previous posts so I don't know if these are repeat suggestions or not.

GrandMasterSexy

05-06-2012

Spectator char please.

Fleshpenant

05-06-2012

One thing I would like added is for the featured games to list each players ELO when you mouse over it. This influences who I watch quite a bit. Currently I look for names i recognize to decide who to play because I know their approximate ELO

EDIT: for everyone asking for chat; IT IS THERE!
press 'i' or click on the little eye icon in the bottom left and select 'chat'
it is just off by default

edit2: what does FL stand for? friends list, featured live or something else?

crashles888

05-06-2012

It would be nice if you were able to spectate games that your friends are spectating and also have a feature where you can chat in a spectator only chat,