Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Padookey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

love the spectator mode, wish you guys could add a replay channel of some sort

cycostinkoman

05-05-2012

I would like to spectate games from people who aren't on my friends list, and aren't featured.

Honestly, It's just because I really want to spectate 200 elo games for the funnies.

Apprentice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2012

I love spectator mode. There were a few bugs a while back where some items were being represented by the wrong icons (oracles representing pink wards, potions were bf swords) but it looks like those were fixed. What I'd like to see happen is this:

People should be able to join a friend who is spectating a game. When my friend is talking to me over skype about a game, I should be able to right click his or her username and click a button that says "Spectate with" or something like that. That way, we could both enjoy the game together.

Also, this is something that I could understand not being changed but if there is an idea for this then that'd be cool. Some of my friends feel uncomfortable with the idea that other people can spectate their games. The issue with allowing them NOT to be spectated is that other team members who don't mind wouldn't be able to be spectated either. So if there is an idea to get around that maybe someone can present it.

TL;DR
I want a "Spectate With" button so my friends and I can spectate the same game even if I logged on too late to see it on the featured games.

Pnaxighn

05-05-2012

Would love to be able to re-order champions. I understand that pick 2 may be the support, but if I could have both teams always the same (e.g. 1 AP, 2 AD, 3 Top, 4 Jungle, 5 Support) it'd make camera work a lot easier.

Irregularblob

05-05-2012

It's perfect on everything but I have on request. Can you guys make an option where you can see it as it happens not 3 minutes before but this only applys to people on your friends list as an option like "live spectate" or something. The catch is that you can't see the enemy team so then you couldnt cheat right? But for featured games it can be 3 minutes behind because it doesnt really matter then. Idk when I'm watching my friends game, waiting for them to finish I'd like to see the fight as it happens so I can talk to them about whats actually happening, not what happened 3 minutes ago.

xRyotoken

05-05-2012

It is very fun watching the the matches. I really like how you made it so you can target each individual player.

Mega Summoner

05-05-2012

I love spectator mode its really cool

I would love to have a semi directed camera option. This camera would generally stay on a person, but switch to places where there are fights or kills. I believe this way people can learn how to play champions by watching them without getting to bored. Like for instance there is a person playing teemo. I would like to watch teemo all game, but also see all the kills.

SmallSushi

05-05-2012

I think you should be able to spectate players in the same chat room as you. This allows viewers to watch streamers or other famous players by joining their chat rooms.

deepbluereason

05-05-2012

My only complaint so far is with directed camera mode. The problem is that accidentally scrolling the camera manually shuts off directed mode. And considering how many UI elements are at the edge of the screen (bottom row of the score/item/gold block as well as summons and ultimates on the portraits) this happens to me a fair bit and it can really throw off the flow of spectator experience.

Maybe there should be an option to completely turn off manual scroll when in directed mode? I don't know. I just find it rather annoying.

Sego

05-05-2012

this patch makes my fames drop anytime i look at the jungle