Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uberwissen

05-03-2012

I think there needs to be a way to spectate people on your friends list with less delay. To compensate for ghosting etc fog of war would have to be enabled. So you can only see from the perspective of the player (or maybe his team).

IE 2 of my friends decided to duo queue to see if they could break 1800, so I said okay sounds good let me give it a shot (while listening to them on teamspeak).

It turns out it is no fun hearing someone say "dude did you see that ahri" or even them simply laughing, then trying to guess what they were referring to or laughing at 3 mins later.

so after a while I just stopped spectating

Zerosk83

05-03-2012

Add spectator chat, and a drop-down list of current spectators. Its a lot of fun discussing plays with other players, or allowing veteran players to explain what just happened to newer players. I think it'd be a good way to have positive community involvement.

SpatAttack

05-03-2012

(This may have been suggested already but here goes nothing)

Should add the ability to spectate a spectator. In other words, let's say my friend is watching WestRice because he was on the featured games, i want to join in and watch that game but by the time im on to watch, the featured games list has changed...Now seeing as how im at starting elo and dont care to add a pro for no reason, westrice isnt on my friends list. See ma problem?

So yeah, should add the ability to spectate the game that a friend is currently spectating.

Masicham

05-03-2012

Could we get a section of featured games that displays games being played with riot employees in case people aren't reading the forums for streams or a red didn't post a stream?

eXigenT

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Did you click the eyeball in the lower left and enable the Chat option? The chat window is currently disabled by default in spectator mode.
Is there anyway to change this option and have it on by default?

I like to be able to chat to friends in game and I constantly have to re-enable this option every game I spectate.

Musketeer Fate

05-03-2012

allow chat in spectator mode the 3 minute delay is enough to stop cheating but i would like to be able to talk to my friend while i spectate his game it's not like I'll be able to help him in anyway other than improving his game later on like that was a little stupid to do maybe try this next time sort of thing almost on the fly coaching

AlphaQRough

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Bug: In game, pots show up as prospector rings

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

The dodge stat is still in spectator mode.
Press C when you have a champion selected. Dodge is on the stats screen that pops up.

As for proper feedback, I'd love to be able to chat with other spectators, if that's possible?

Oberic

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatattack View Post
(This may have been suggested already but here goes nothing)

Should add the ability to spectate a spectator. In other words, let's say my friend is watching WestRice because he was on the featured games, i want to join in and watch that game but by the time im on to watch, the featured games list has changed...Now seeing as how im at starting elo and dont care to add a pro for no reason, westrice isnt on my friends list. See ma problem?

So yeah, should add the ability to spectate the game that a friend is currently spectating.
Spectateception!

jojothekitty

05-04-2012

When I spectate, the screen turns into a chopped off small screen on the right bottom corner.
I can't even see the game. It's all cropped off.