Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallows

05-01-2012

Double post apparently -- Didn't know there was a 3 minute delay. That does solve this problem. Huzzah!

Lepastro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

the Spectator Mode camera could be a little more away, giving a wider view of the game. The Spectator Mode screen has lots of information necessary to understand the game, so a bit away vision would be a good solution for those who do not want to take off all the information on the screen, making a similar system to LOLreplay.

12b6

05-01-2012

I think it's outstanding so far.

Would it be possible for to view a tournament game through spectator mode with commentary? In other words, can I hear Phreak and Rivington's commentary and see their screen-moves, but using the spectator client so I have in-game graphics?

I feel like that would be the greatest thing to happen to e-sports ever.

Sofa King Derpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

I'd like to see an option to watch matches from match histories... Our own and other's. I know this JUST came out and all lol and you guys did great :3 I LOVE everything about it I just want to be able to watch my own games and other's from the match history ^.^ .... like maybe the last 2-3 games or something.

Bladeviper

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12b6 View Post
I think it's outstanding so far.

Would it be possible for to view a tournament game through spectator mode with commentary? In other words, can I hear Phreak and Rivington's commentary and see their screen-moves, but using the spectator client so I have in-game graphics?

I feel like that would be the greatest thing to happen to e-sports ever.
i doubt it because those events a LAN events but they might but just don't get your hopes up

Scyrax

05-01-2012

I don't have time to go through this whole thread.

But is there a way to refresh games. I'm having to close the client out to check on new games.

Bladeviper

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King Derpy View Post
I'd like to see an option to watch matches from match histories... Our own and other's. I know this JUST came out and all lol and you guys did great :3 I LOVE everything about it I just want to be able to watch my own games and other's from the match history ^.^ .... like maybe the last 2-3 games or something.
they are supposedly working on replays as well so we just need to wait for them

Edit: why downvote, Zlieas posted in a thread about how they are working on it

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post23823381

Furrion

05-01-2012

I'm enjoying Spectator but there are some things I would like to see implemented/fixed/changed, whatever you want to call it.

Now I didn't read through every post here so I am not sure if I'm duplicating what others have said.

First, give us the ability to spectate what our friends are spectating! I feel like that is a rather small change and would be nice if we are watching a particularly good match and would like them to see as well.

Second, the direct camera. Now, I'm not entirely sure how it's programmed to work outside of it "following the action" but at times I feel it fails that. For instance, a fight begins bot lane, direct camera switches as intended and I proceed to watch the fight. Suddenly, camera switches to someone strolling through the jungle or top lane just cs'ing in the middle of said fight! Now, it DOES catch the vast majority of the action quite well, I just think some small tweaks need to be made somewhere to adjust what causes it to change to others.

Currently, those are my only complaints about the system. I feel it does what it's intended to do, for the most part, very well. I know I'm enjoying it so far. Hope the feedback helps!

Absorb Mistakes

05-01-2012

i found a small bug but i think it fixed itself

when i first went in to spectate a game, i was unable to see some of the items that players bought.
it appeared as rejuvenating beads kind of liek when someone disconnects and reconnects to a normal game.

but second game i went in it was fine. i havent tried since then

Pokeprof

05-01-2012

Overall, Spectator mode is fantastic, though there is one improvement I can see working with this. Some of us have Chatrooms and such that we go into, usually for a streamer of some kind or something of the like. I think it would be awesome if we had the ability to spectate people in those chatrooms even if they aren't on our friends list.