Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Utavon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Here's another bump for a recording feature. Like, hold the game file until the end of the game, and then let us specifically download it to our computers right after game. After all players exit end game window, you wipe the recording off your database.

I know it would be a LOT of GB, but if you were constantly wiping off the games, the total amount of space used would generally hover around X GB depending on the time of day rather than constantly archiving them and sucking up the world's supply of hard drives, lol.

Also a lot, I know, but could you make it so that in those recordings, you could move the camera around freely just like in spectator mode? Would be pretty sweet, and ultimately we would be putting the files on our own hard drives.

Would be a totally awesome feature!!! But this comes after that Magma Chamber map you guys were talking about, lol.

RyuuMasken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

I would like to be able to rearrange the position of champions on the score bar. That way, I can put the top laners next to each other, the junglers next to each other, etc., for quicker reference of gold and item differences in lanes.

LydeckerCain

05-02-2012

I'd like to spectate games that my friends are currently spectating so we can be the peanut gallery and discuss games as they happen.

Temido

05-02-2012

Just wondering, how do you avoid spectators whispering their friends where the enemies are? (whether using the chat or ventrilo/teamspeak)

Or maybe someone using 2 computers with different accounts, 1 to play and 1 to spectate himself and have vision of the whole map?

This would certainly affect the balance of the games...

Zombiecorn

05-02-2012

I would love it if it were possible to whisper to friends while watching a game.

For example, say I am spectating a friend while waiting for this friend (or another one) to get out of a game
I would have no way of knowing that my friend is done because I can not recieve messages while spectating

Of course, I may have entirely missed the fact that there is a chatbox that I can use... in which case I would love to hear how to get to it

Crs Cup

05-02-2012

General
I loved everything that was given and in general have found nothing wrong.

Directed Camera
The camera works great, however I have found one problem. When I want to watch a specific person or character and make it so the camera follows them, it stops following them when they die. This is ok while they are actually dead, but when they revive I would like the camera to go back focusing on them.

Featured Games (on the landing page)
I think it would be cool if there was an ELO range somewhere so you know what you were watching.

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
No complaints about this, I love it.

Spectator HUD
I wish you could click on a dead person's icon on the left or right for their death recap.

Really love spectator mode, and all my friends think the same way. Keep it up!

thifofdeath

05-02-2012

dah fok, sorcerers shoes shows as pickaxe on my spectator, don't know about you

Creamy Cake

05-02-2012

Wen i load the game it only shows up in a quarter of my screen like so

Theo pheno

05-02-2012

enemy team could have a friend with every buff timer zzzzz

LadyAzalea

05-02-2012

Directed Camera

• Yes & no. I found myself clicking around moreso than using the directed camera. The directed camera was decent; but the player stats on the bottom take up a large area of my screen and make me miss what the camera is showing at times. I used my arrow keys to pan the screen versus my mouse. I also didn't like that when I'd physically click on a character to track the, the set "temporary" time was WAY too short. It was like, 2 seconds and then it'd jump back to someone else. I'd also like to be able to click on a person and/or there side icon to watch them in character camera mode. I hated having to manually click in the scrolldown of the character I wanted to follow. Definitely took away from my experience a bit.

Also: I noticed that areas were being pinged on the map or some team fight would be going down and the directed camera wasn't taking me there but focusing on someone farming minions. I'd like it if it jumped to pings more or high-action situations.

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?

I watched (the end) of a ranked game for kicks. My boyfriend (who plays ranked), observed over my shoulder. His first reaction was "this isn't a ranked game, the team names aren't listed" while on the log in page. I didn't see team names listed anywhere for the duration of the game. That might be a nice inclusion for later on.

I also agree with what I read somewhere else. It'd be nice to be able to search for a specific team / game / player. (ie if you're learning Teemo and want to watch games with Teemo).

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?

Getting into games was okay. I wish you could spectate a game your friend is spectating, however.

Spectator HUD
  • The info (in the bottom middle) takes up a ton of space on the bottom and i'm not sure how (if there is any way) to minimize it. Team names (for ranked games) would be a nice inclusion somewhere there as well.
    Maybe make it minimizable or something if it's not already?

BUGS & Other comments!
  • I got kicked out of a game like 3/4 of the way through it (it lagged), and then when I jumped back in I sadly could not rewind to see what I'd missed. Is there anyway to make game data retrievable past the point you enter the game?
  • Chat. I had no idea chat existed in game since it's off by default. That kind of sucks. MAJORLY. (And apparently I'm not the only one to have found this out much later.] I've watched like 3 games so far wishing to be able to say stuff... but nope. Can you chat with other spectators? the players? I haven't a darn clue until I can find another game to spectate. And figure out how to toggle it... (seems hard to do!) Note: we even disabled the cross-team chat off by default setting, thinking it may toggle on chat, and it didn't. PLEASE MAKE THIS SIMPLER!
  • The delay. Now that I've watched some games, I do admit I find myself yelling at the screen GO GET BARON! WATCH GANK! So, I admit I probably would be guilty of "cheating" via skype or another program without the delay. HOWEVER. As it stands now there are character only options and team only options. If these were to be taken as permanent options (before coming into a game), is there anyway the delay could be removed? I'd love to watch real (real) time games and be in skype, not on a delay. If I was set to view as the character or team only, I wouldn't be able to cheat, persay, and would still get the joy of celebrating ganks/kills/etc on my messaging program of choice as they happen with my real life friends. Now, I say persay because my boyfriend mentioned that you may be able to see random people walk past wards that in-game users would miss. However, technically speaking the opposing team would still have the same ability and/or disability if they so chose to have mentee-spectators (ie people learning or watching solely one team or character) on their side as well.
  • I somehow got 30 seconds behind live time and I hadn't touched any setting. Does the live somehow slow me down by panning the map at my own will? Or did I get behind in some other unknown way? (or was it a bug?)
  • I realized you couldn't get player info or access player profiles from spectating. Could you add this feature?

That's all I've got for now. But i'm sure i've more where that came from!