Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tash456

05-01-2012

my one thing its HAVE CHAT ENABLED so u can chat with people on the outside still

naotasan

05-01-2012

I have an idea to make spectator mode even better, but I'm afraid that it will be lost with the posts of this thread...

Anyways.. Allow us to view whatever game our friends our watching!

Here's a scenario:
Your friend calls you "Dude you gotta check out this game I'm spectating!" but you can't because the person he is spectating isn't on your friends list. Therefore, the only way to watch the game is to go over to your friends house or have him stream it on some live feed websites.

Also another thing I just thought of, show how many people are currently spectating a game for the players playing or at the very least, for those also spectating. Maybe allow us to talk to each other?

Ghostoo666

05-01-2012

1.) Normal Spectate with 3-min delay
2.) Spectate of game with the same LOS of the team of the friend you spectated, no delay.

I really think this would make spectating a friend's match more enjoyable so you can experience things with them and comment on situations on how they went.

Anhedonia

05-01-2012

Three things that I would like to see:

Dragon and Nashor Kill Counters: Up at the top, with the tower and gold tallies. It's easy to miss which team got the dragon or if you enter a game already in action that info can be useful.

Mob Camp Timers: Maybe place a little time next to the camps on the minimap after they are cleared so we can tell when they are about to respawn.

Special Champion Icons: Certain champions like Anivia or Volibear have extra abilities that can be tracked on the UI. If their passives are up maybe place a small icon inside of the portrait to let you know. I know that you can just click on the champions to see if they have their passive buff up, but this would make it easier to see.

LaValliere

05-01-2012

PLEASE let us join spectator games our friends are spectating. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

My group and I are having endless frustration trying to watch the same game. They'll catch something on featured and then it won't be there for the rest of us, or they'll have a pro on their friends list and the rest of us cant join in a good game they're watching.

This is the single most limiting thing hurting spectator mode's enjoyability. Otherwise its great.

guilty fury

05-01-2012

i use two monitors and i play and watch in border-less windowed and when i move my mouse to the edge where my other monitor is the pointer goes off the screen and i cant scroll in that direction. this also happens if i use a smaller resolution my mouse will move out of the game.

Killerstylez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

I can see people abusing the spectator mode.. like for instance:

When I'm spectating a friend and I see his enemy team waiting for them near the Baron bush, I can whisper my friend to "watch out for that bush, enemy team is there".

Is there a delay of some sort so this type of "abuse" can't happen?

Qrisys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

@Rayven

Riot needs to add this Spectator Mode:

Block friends from spectating him/her in certain game modes.
Block All
Rank Solo/Team
Custom: Draft Mode/Tournament Draft

Why??? Because teams like Dignitas, TSM, etc., don't want other teams to spectate their games and learn their tatics and strategies.

DILSNICK

05-01-2012

tsm vs eg game is very laggy

heh

05-01-2012

Ability to view what runes one is running.