Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tookietock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Im colorblind and cant tell blue/purple apart please add an option to keep it as red/green

▀lackmill

05-01-2012

General
Its pretty legit, I like it a lot
Directed Camera
Does a pretty good job at showing the game, maybe I dont quite like the alignment of the camera sometimes but its not that bad. It also misses some action, for example first blood and stuff. It would be cool if it detected the lowest hp champions in combat with one another to show the best possible action every time.
Featured Games
I guess they are cool but I wonder why there arent more super high elo matches going on, maybe theyre scarce i guess.
Drop-In (off your Friend List)
It does its job seamlessly almost, though I would like an option to click directly and spectate, like if I could click the eye icon to spectate that would be nice since im lazy.
Overall you did one hell of a job with the spectator mode, and its long due imo. Now perhaps a replay system?

Spectator HUD
One thing I dont like is hidden chat by default, maybe have it remember settings? Since I have to click show chat every time im spectating a new game. Overall 9/10.

Evolution Of War

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

When Spectating a Ryze, the bonus damage on his spells from his Mana does not get shown. Insteads it displays +0 Damage from Mana.

Edit: Nevermind. I was watching a Ryze that already had full items, so it never updated.

Ghostoo666

05-01-2012

I like it but there's one main problem.

Though it's understandable, the 3-minute delay is annoying when you have friends (in like vent or sykpe) watching your match as you play it. They don't get to experience the game at the same time you do, but again that's understandable.

So to satisfy such a request, there should be 2 options when selecting spectate:
1.) Normal Spectate with 3-min delay
2.) Spectate of game with the same LOS of the team of the friend you spectated, no delay.

In low-ranking games it's probably almost impossible to find someone with both friends in the same game on the opposite teams. High-rank matches might be an issue, but then the high-ranking players might want to clear their friend's list.
And if that doesn't work, limit the option to only normal games.

I really think this would make spectating a friend's match more enjoyable so you can experience things with them and comment on situations on how they went.

sir52

05-01-2012

How about when the game is gets over, there's a notification that the game is over, so the spectator can quit to join his friends who he was just watching.
Thanks!

Shannoko

05-01-2012

I have only a few problems with the featured games in that, I will join one and then game is already finished, so I stay at a loading screen for a long time only to see "Victory!" The featured games also don't seem to update frequently at all, because I spectated a game that surrendered at 20, and the same game was still being displayed at 37 minutes, so I couldn't join. Other than feeling a bit limited to only 5 games, it works great.

ChiefLikesCake

05-01-2012

I feel that the HUD scale is too small. It's very difficult for me to read tool tips and other information (1366 x 768)

Spacesick Rock

05-01-2012

I had an epiphany! Would it be cool to mark the times of kills (of players, baron, or dragon) on the timeline? That way, people who join late can quickly go back and witness how those happened if they so desired.
Just a thought I had a while back.

Anyway, spectator mode has worked pretty good so far, just that the camera sometimes focuses on someone jungling instead of lane harassment or a minor exchange of spells.

Korojin

05-01-2012

I'm loving the spectator option so far, but one minor gripe I've had with it is the lack of a chat box which can enable a conversation about the game between fellow spectators.

How hard would they be to implement? Because I think that this would add a lot more entertainment value to spectating in featured games.

Discojapi

05-01-2012

It's awesome, but we should be able to see more than just friends games, i mean i would like to see games of players from CLG or TSM, but as they dont have me on them friend list i can't. Please !