Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1279fbc201d65a

05-01-2012

I have some bugs. Key bindings not working all the time. (They work sometimes, really weird.)
And sometimes stuff like "+175g" stays the whole game on the screen. I have to reonnect to get that away.

Cabelim

05-01-2012

the "featured games" are not showing up for me when i start the client, all i get are those "ads" jynx t-shirts, full release of spectator mode is now live, hecarim patchnotes, bla bla bla that when i click the link i get redirected to the respective lol page. any idea why?

CTruss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Could it be possible that you can receive game invites while spectating?

Also, will there be a chat room only for those watching the game? As in everyone who is watching the game can talk and comment on the game?

Spectator Mode so far is really amazing, no bugs so far!

Knyaz

05-01-2012

we NEED all chat / team chat to be visable to the spectators.

I mean actual in game chat. All the games might as well just be replays atm because the viewer doesn't feel at all connected to the players. I realize there was probably a reason why you hid it , perhaps you want to keep some of the colourful language from the public , or perhaps because the players should have a degree of privacy.

But ultimately i got bored after watching a few mins for this reason alone. 1/2 the entertainment is the drama and the connection from it. Seeing Hotshotgg rage? yes please. Those streams who get 10-20k viewers aren't popular because of gameplay alone l0l. SO i suggest you allow chat from players to be seen by spectators.

Benign Sentinel

05-01-2012

LET US CHAT TO PEOPLE WHILE SPECTATING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Hi all. With the wide release of Spectator Mode, many of you will be spectating for the first time.

We'd love to hear your feedback as you dive into the feature and watch LoL matches.

Feel free to discuss or suggest anything Spectator related, but here are some areas you might consider for feedback:

General
  • Let us know if interactions or functionality did not work as you expected.

Directed Camera
  • Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
  • How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
  • Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?

Spectator HUD
  • Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
  • Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?

BUGS!
  • Please be as specific as possible

Thanks and get Spectating!
Directed camera was surprisingly very well done. Unfortunately, especially in lane phase, it would meander a bit over champions (in lane phase I prefer just flipping around the map myself, because I hate watching it float). It's fantastic for the team fights though

The featured games was put together very well, The animation transition to see the names of those who are playing makes it look FANTASTIC, although a little useless. In all honesty, I would prefer to see the names before I highlight the match.

I played around with the timeshift controls a bit, and they worked great too! no bugs from what I could see.

Everything else from what I could tell was basically perfect, this is a job VERY well done, and you can call me impressed (or maybe).

EDIT because I saw this posted a bit below me: The ability to spectate games that your friends are spectating would DEFINITELY be an awesome add on.

Mystýš

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Q: How do you feel about the selection of games?
A: If the games can show out the average elo of the game, it will better for people who look for learning.

And i suggest to add a "Refresh" button for update the latest games showing.

Porphyry Green

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVasDeferenSx View Post
Is there a way to talk to others spectating or to invite friends to spectate with? this owuld make it quite a bit more enjoyable imo.
I never have played DotA 2 but definitely have a chat room for all spectators!

Fugural Drakon

05-01-2012

sometimes directed camera will bug and you will lose partial control of your mouse.

Can't be too specific short of it feels like you're moving in a tiny window of league as the camera follows your movements but you're not at the edge of the screen yet.

Also there is a bug if you start from the beginning and 8x to the end where gold from minions will get frozen on the screen from the final frame being sped too. This is as specific as i can be hope it helps.

lnfex

05-01-2012

Change delay to 5mins.
Thanks

Ipod566

05-01-2012

after several tries I finally figured out something things and such but there is one button that is still confusing me.

------- feedback ----
Timeshift AMAZING just simply amazing wish it could be recorded
Directed Camera seems to work exceptionally well for me nice A.I

-Concerns -
you cannot spectate friends who who spectating a game :/
Also it would be nice if the chat in friendlist displays Normal Game - Rank Game before going in to spectate

- Questions -
What is the purpose of the "Alert Ping" Who does it ping? spectators, players, is it for commentation? I am confused on its purpose