Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rafaelinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Lots of info missing, but there's a little annoyance that keeps pestering me... Rounding. You see 0.8 atk speed... press C, and it's 0.89, you ask the player, and it was 0.897. And it gets rounded to 0.8 xD.

Another thing. Why doesn't clicking the tiny portraits on the dashboard (the bar on the bottom with the scores and stuff) do the same as clicking the ones on the sides, or double clicking champs, or pressing 1-5 Q-T ?

Also.. why can't we chat with friends from the spectator mode?

Also.. Control+F isn't working? Any way to check FPS?

--
Still hoping for inter-spectator chat =D

SNAGRAT LIE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

also we should be able to chat with other spectators

kwami42

05-01-2012

Doesn't look like this has happened to anyone else, but I clicked the featured game to spectate it and once I got into the game, I was unable to interact with anything. None of the buttons worked, I couldn't click the minimap or even buttons in the start menu. The game window is also square as opposed to taking up the whole screen. Anyone know why this could be happening?

rafaelinux

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAGRAT LIE View Post
the second thing is i think there should be more featured games than five, because say if i want to watch a game with someone playing a specific champion, i cant.
Perhaps a little control to let you decide how long the games you wanna watch have been going on?
For example I like to watch them from the start.. And most featured streams are 10-15 minutes in...

Sofa King Derpy

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeviper View Post
they are supposedly working on replays as well so we just need to wait for them

Edit: why downvote, Zlieas posted in a thread about how they are working on it

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post23823381
Thanks

Karel2010

05-01-2012

*******http://media.use.com/images/s_1/0b048399c74bb0e15148_1.jpg******** *******http://media.use.com/images/s_1/0b048399c74bb0e15148_2.jpg********

It shouldn't say Live cause its not live ?, Also, in Custom games you should make an option to allow Live spectating that would be awesome. Other then the fact that I was really confused thinking it was live cause it tells me it is, I love it haha

High Rune

05-01-2012

Super cool but every time I try to spectate a game the "loading screen" shows up in the bottom right corner of the screen every time.

It's easy to fix on my side [change it to full then go back to my own settings] but it's super annoying.

The only other bug is jungle camps seem to not show their life bars for some reason. It's bugged out and not showing the correct life bar.

Yook

05-01-2012

Whenever I go into a match to spectate, the first time I try to left click on anything, it goes back to my desktop. I can open up the game again easily, but it's kinda annoying.

Bees

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordles Rule View Post
OMG Thank You! I could not figure this out. heard the chat sounds, couldn't figure out how to view it. I love spectator mode, the camera moves great except one small thing i'd change.

When you are following someone in particular, sometime you move the screen a little bit to see things around him. when you do this instead of going back to following your char in 5 seconds, it goes to the directed camera mode zooming your camera across the map. It's already easy enough to get to this mode by pressing esc or d (it also goes into directed camera automatically if the champ you are following dies which is very smart). It would be more logical for the camera to go back to the person you were following after 5 sec if you accidentally move the camera a little bit.

One other thing I'd like to see is 2 simple buttons, like shift+ and shift- to skip the video forward and backwards 5 seconds respectively (I know backspace moves time back 15 sec).

That said, I love how the time controls are organized! 0, -, +, backspace, and p, being right there is very convenient. The directed camera works great and staying in action you are currently viewing by holding down the mouse works great too. I'm very impressed with it. Like I said the only camera thing i'd change is the follow champ thing i mentioned earlier.
What he said, though I thought I'd add a little about directed camera. It has a little too much ADD I think, but it might just be a prioritizing issue. For example when a champ starts attacking another champ it jumps to that which is great. but if all champs are attacking creeps it jumps from one to the other with no priorities. This was annoying when i was watching a team go for an early baron, and the directed camera decided to jump to an enemy player across the map just walking through the jungle. it seems killing npc's has no priorities for directed camera over characters doing nothing at all. seems like there should at least be a damage baron>dragon>blue buff>red buff> priority over champs not attacking anything at all. and if nothing is going on maybe a priority added for placing a ward? it's fun to see where those go sometimes.

Another priority to add would be character deaths, maybe start watching a character 5 seconds before his death could have a high priority? (considering these kind of things are calculated in advance of course given the delay).
As to the ADD comment, if I'm watching a fight, i normally want to continue watching the fight to it's conclusion (if I WANT to switch views there's always the space bar, a good feature which i never use because the camera changes so much on its own), especially if a character dies. I dont like the camera jumping from the fight I'm watching to another fight where just a few pokes are exchanged. I might forgive this if it switched me to a fight with a kill, but it will actually switch me away from the fight i'm watching so I MISS a kill.

DarkChicken

05-01-2012

The full release of spectator mode as far as I can tell is great.

The directed camera to give the most action works well and makes it a lot easier to watch a game.

As for the featured games, its a great idea so people can watch high elo games.

Thanks DarkChicken