Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TasogareReiken

06-21-2012

Friend.

Spectate Friend Game

Skype.

I think you should see where this leads.

MadCrustacean

06-21-2012

HoN spectate mod has it all figured out, except not enough spectate slots. when you spectate a friend it'd be great to be able to keep up in real time but only show us what they see. as in, take everything out of our control just make it as if we're looking over our friends shoulder

Tl;DR- the time delay makes spectating friends lame

Neverdone1

06-21-2012

i would love to the chat between players.

ElimiNative

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Hi all. With the wide release of Spectator Mode, many of you will be spectating for the first time.

We'd love to hear your feedback as you dive into the feature and watch LoL matches.

Feel free to discuss or suggest anything Spectator related, but here are some areas you might consider for feedback:

General
  • Let us know if interactions or functionality did not work as you expected.

Directed Camera
  • Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
  • How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
  • Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?

Spectator HUD
  • Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
  • Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?

BUGS!
Thanks and get Spectating!
nice feed back

SexualHarasment

06-21-2012

This has probably been suggested... But everything I can see of the spectator mode is amazing. Directed camera works as intended, and only has issues when two things are happening at once. As far as delay, its necessary I understand so I haven't any problems with it and it keeps people from cheating. But as for my suggestion, it would be amazing to have an official replay system. I would love to have a space to store my replays and go back and watch them whenever I want to using the spectator mode interface and rewind system.

I know there are programs such as LoLReplay, but those do not work so well when you want to see what happens outside your own lane, as the information is not updated.

Keep up the good work, ILY riot.

AppleDough

06-22-2012

Directed camera needs to be a little faster when going from bot to top lanes, and just in general. I'm sure someone has mentioned this before.

Mic129

07-02-2012

I like spectating friends games while waiting for them but.... one thing bugs me a lot...

That ''LIVE'' spectating. 3 min delay isnt live. I hate it. Yeah now you could tell me that without it people could tell where wards are. You are right. Thats why im here, to offer a new spectating mode.

Riot should make it that you ONLY see the team you are spectating (aka your friend for example) you CANT switch to other teams' view. If you spectate your friends, you should take the delay away and only offer friend's team view. Its ok for the pub spectating tho.

Hershycows

07-05-2012

I realize this is a bit after the fact, but seeing more games would be great! and maybe an option to see ranked or normal games instead of a mix of both. Because to be honest I don't wanna spec normals :P. Also maybe have like 2 high elo games (2000+) and then the rest of them be lower elo games. I realize that speccing to many high elo games will hurt guys that make money from streaming but at the same time. People don't want to watch the guys stuck at 1200elo that just spend the game *****ing at everyone else :/

Xenaltos

07-08-2012

Directed Camera mode is simply awesome. It does a very good job of focusing on the most action-intense areas and also manages to get almost every champion kill in focus (unless there's 2 kills in 2 locations of the map).

It's made spectate mode much more enjoyable as you can have lunch or do stuff without having to actively control the camera and still be able to see all the action that's happening.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

The only suggestion I'd make is the ability to be able to spectate a game another friend is already spectating.

For example, say Friend 1 is spectating a game. You also want to spectate the game Friend 1 is spectating, so you should have an option that says "join spectating" on the friend who's spectating a game.

I know that some games have permissions such as "friends only" spectating, so the option could be greyed out on those games which only allow "friends only" spectating.

Furry of Doom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2012

I like the spectator mode except for one semi-major issue. The team colors are too close together and almost impossible to tell apart for those of us with various degrees of color blindness. I couldn't find any option to choose different colors, but blue and purple are, well...terrible. Almost as bad as green and red.

Other than that, it works quite well.