Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spicyy Mayoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

I cant even see their chat @@

Zepher

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitam View Post
Love it. The Directed Camera seems a little wonky, but it's nice for when I'm feeling lazy. The timeshift controls are *awesome*.
its totally tight buthole

Manic Wolf

06-17-2012

Just for the sake of being able to type, I'm leaving everything there

General
Let us know if interactions or functionality did not work as you expected.

So far (I haven't used it a whole lot, then again I'm relatively new as well so oh well) the whole function works great, it's smooth, informative, user friendly, and incredibly fun to watch. I can watch games that my friends are playing, or the featured ones that can give me some insight on what higher level players are doing to try to incorporate for myself item and spell wise.

Directed Camera
Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
Personally I'm not a fan of the Directed Camera, but that's because I am a huge fan of moving around the map seeing everything I want. I feel it moves too slowly for me to see all the action I want, and then tends to move away from a fight too early. Granted it is new, so I'm not complaining, but whenever I use it, I don't see what I want.

How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
The motion and movement itself is smooth and easy to follow. It doesn't jump or skip, and allows you to see everything that happens on the field but not when I want to. It also tends to be a pain when I'm trying to see the entirety of a fight and it jumps to something different like the mid farming creeps. Overall, though, the motion and movement is fine.

Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?
Absolutely I have. The manual control allows me to see what I want when I want. It's super easy to do and I have the freedom of watching the support when I want to, while still being able to jump to the top lane right when I see a fight about to break out on the minimap. I personally prefer manual over directed but I've said that enough.

Featured Games (on the landing page)
How do you feel about the selection of games?
I really can't put much insight into this seeing as I'm am a newb at the moment and all the games there are higher level than me.

Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?
Choosing and getting into a game is simple and easy. See a champion you like? click spectate and you jump right into the game. You even know what time it's at before you click spectate which makes that easier as well.

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?
It's so easy a caveman can do it. I love the fact that I can jump right into my friend's games if I ever want to.

Spectator HUD
Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
The information displayed is perfect. You can see what items are purchased when, and you get the full information on the item. It's also handy to see how much gold each champion has. That's only the bottom though. Head to the top and you see the total team gold, kills, and turret kills for each team organized perfectly. I can see what I want at a glance without searching. Great job there.

Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?
Those are a perfect tool for if you accidentally miss a fight, or you want to see that crucial moment again. Slow it down, speed it up, do what you want. It's awesome.

Only thing I want now is a replay feature. So that I can review my own games, and if that's already there...woops.

macdealer

06-17-2012

Directed camera is just incredible! I watched many games and never lost the action and saw all the fights. It seems it follows players that are most near of enemies, what is great.

The only flaw I guess is when it shows people killing the CS in the jungle... Really not interesting.
The best thing that can be done now is see the chat of both team. And maybe talk and see how many and other spectators.

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2012

What I'm really wanting is the ability to watch the game in real time, to share in my friends' epic moments with them. Now obviously this would be a problem if I could see the enemy team, so instead of that, why not this?: If we hit True Live, it limits our vision to that of the team my friend is on, meaning that it would be the same as if I were watching a stream. I'd have no unfair advantage over anyone on the other team, since i'd only be able to see my friends' team and their assets. Since streaming is already allowed, I see no reason why this would be a problem, as it's virtually the same thing.

McNastyJukes

06-17-2012

mines broken

GloaBlade

06-17-2012

As a suggestion, it would be nice to watch what a friend is spectating (add option to spectate with others) and if that is added, also add a spectators' chat, where spectators can talk to eachother about moments within the game. These would be nice add-ons in a later patch.

GloaBlade

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lister View Post
What I'm really wanting is the ability to watch the game in real time, to share in my friends' epic moments with them. Now obviously this would be a problem if I could see the enemy team, so instead of that, why not this?: If we hit True Live, it limits our vision to that of the team my friend is on, meaning that it would be the same as if I were watching a stream. I'd have no unfair advantage over anyone on the other team, since i'd only be able to see my friends' team and their assets. Since streaming is already allowed, I see no reason why this would be a problem, as it's virtually the same thing.
That would be a great idea... it'll just need to be fool-proof so no-one can find a way out of it and cheat.

RageQuitV69

06-17-2012

its really goood!

Cjhove

06-17-2012

I would like to see a spectator mode similar to HoN where you simply view one team's side without a 3 minute delay so no cheating can occur but you still see the action in real time.