Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurtleRush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

Forgive me for not going though all 122 pages of this forum to find this but there's a problem with the chat.... if you turn it on all you get to see is item builds?

Where's the other team raging at my friends owning face?

McRibblets

06-12-2012

What this needs is the ability to queue a game and watch a game while your waiting for your game to pop up. Sometimes I'm chilling at my computer and wouldn't mind seeing a few go at it before I get into it, know what I mean?

PathlessSage

06-13-2012

While watching a game recently which featured Akali, I found myself wishing that her ult indicator in the spectator hud showed how many uses of her ult was available (a feature which could also be used to show how many mantra charges Karma has).

Zanaz

06-14-2012

General

Is letting spectators see team chat a big issue with regard to spectator mode?

Comparing the system to other MOBAs with the features that's the biggest missing feature that League of Legends currently lacks. All Chat also isnt used nearly as much due to the default disabling of it, so it is hard to get reasoning for certain players actions at times.

And the drama.... I wanna see the drama...

Just being honest. -_-

Based Miku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2012

Spectator HUD
So like, i'm probably the only person with this issue. --
But the option to flip the side of the screen the map is on like in live games would be a nice addition.
The reason i raise this point is, granted i know the map isn't AS important as in a live games, but I happen to be blind in my right eye, and prefer having the map on the left side -- I care about it more about being able to see the map easily than player items/cds/stats/etc, and the camera options.

CarnivalNights

06-14-2012

I would like an option or feature that allows me to search for a specific champion to spectate.

Zyrelia

06-14-2012

I would request that a feature be added to spectate the same game that your friend is spectating. I.E. My friend 'Bob' is watching his friend 'Joe's game. I see that 'Bob' is spectating a game, so I right click his name and hit a button to 'Spectate the Same Game'. Can we implement a feature like this so I can join my friends in watching the games they are watching?

Shãy

06-14-2012

I love the spectator mode, but when I follow a player, it quickly switches to another player and I have to click back to the other player, other than that its good!

Mxie

06-15-2012

I just started playing about a month ago, and I have to say that the spectator mode has been fantastic! I love being able to watch players to learn new stuff, and I generally just like watching people play. Here are thoughts from the perspective from a newbie:

General
Well this worked as I assumed it would, so I can't say much here. Just some general things: it would be nice if there were downloadable replays, as the ones I've found (leaguereplays) are a pain to watch in comparison to spectating. I guess that's just a good compliment to you guys.

One thing I liked from watching Starcraft 2 replays was that we could see the game from players' point of view. I really liked using this because it shows exactly how a player is looking at things. I'm fairly certain this wouldn't work in a spectate mode, but possibly in a replay mode.

Directed Camera
It took me only a few minutes to figure this out, but I've generally avoided it, because I prefer to watch specific champions. When it's on, I feel that it does a pretty good job of finding fights and keeping them within view, and is generally very smooth. For a completely AI camera, I'm rather impressed.

One thing that I've noticed that is somewhat annoying (but not a huge deal), is that if I follow a champion that dies, and the camera goes to directed, then the champion comes back, the camera stays on directed mode. I would prefer it to go back to the champion that I had been focusing on, but again, this is just nitpicking.

Camera switching wasn't very intuitive until I took the 5 seconds of looking at the keybinds, and now I am very comfortable with it.

Featured Games
If I had any major complaints, they would be in this area. Some things I'd like to see:

Let us see players' ratings easily. I just found out recently that the first games are generally higher rating (or I think I found that out, I'm not actually 100% sure if that's the case), but there is no way of knowing that just by looking at the screens. Currently, the only way to see rating that I've found is to search for a player and look at their ratings, which means I have to switch pages and, occasionally, have the spectate rotation change out while I'm looking at a rating.

Maybe let us search for games by champion. I generally like to watch people that are playing champions I like, and with the current setup I have to just hope there is someone playing one of those champions.

In fact, I would also like searching by player name. I don't think the really good high-level players want to get random invites from me because I want to watch their games, but I still do like to watch them, and currently again just have to hope I'm on when they're on, and that I catch one of their games while they're featured.

Other than that, maybe just some more games up at a time, and make it more obvious when a game is dominion (the graphic change is very dim and easy to miss), and maybe a setting to let us filter out ranked, normal, or dominion games.

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
I've only done this a few times, but it has worked every time, so I can't complain. If anything maybe a clickable button (like clicking on the eye image) that let's us enter a game without having to right-click. But really, I have no actual complaints, and that is a very minor thing.

Spectator HUD
I like the HUD a lot. I have no real complaints, but I did have to spend a little bit of time going through the keybinds because I'd sometimes close out a piece of the HUD by accident and not know how to get it back up.

The timeshift thing is very cool, but one thing I've noticed a few times is that the game would not let me get to "Live," it would force me to 30 seconds behind Live. If I sped up to get to Live, the game would stop (like if I were lagging out or something), and start again when it was back to 30 seconds behind.

BUGS!
Almost every time I spectate, upon entering the game there is a bug where the bottom-right corner of the screen is treated as the top-left corner of the game, so the scrolling is really bizarre. I fix this by alt-tabbing out and in, so it's not a big deal, but it is a bug.

-------
So yeah, that's what I have to say, as someone that just started and doesn't really know how things work yet. Sorry for typing so much, but I hope it helps.

IonDragonX

06-15-2012

My suggestion to improve LoL spectator mode:

Always allow your friends to spectate you when you are playing. Its better than setting up a third party streaming software.