Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brokbaklgnd

06-09-2012

One thing I would really like is to have directed camera on lanes, like one reason I spectate is to watch people play support, because I main support and recently noticed i've been needing some work on supports, and I don't want to sit there and move just to watch a game, I want to be able to sit back relax and learn while it auto moves on the lane, just a recommendation, i don't know if it's even possible, but if you could do it, i'd love it.

Spofbot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

I will like to start off that i really enjoy this addition to the game. when you don't have time you watch a game or whatever, also great for starting a commentating career. i would like to add a suggestion which would greatly help this addition to the game. how about we can choose to spectate a game in real time. but you can only watch from your 'friends' point of view, this would be great and allow us to 'watch' a game that your friend is playing while talking with them on skype or vent.

freeradikle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2012

I want the MLG finals on spectator mode so i can listen to the commentary while watching spectator mode.

Dragon1414

06-10-2012

Love spectator mode, would be nice if there was some 3v3 matches every once in a while though, never see any in the featured games

DendasGarrett

06-11-2012

Can we get a spot for total team CS? Possibly up near the kills/gold/tower count? That way viewers don't have to do trigonometry (or close enough to my math-less brain) to find out who is ahead in creeps?

BTW, I love spectator mode, its like playing games without all that pesky moving of the mouse and clicking of the buttons.

Danko29

06-11-2012

Hello!!
I dont know if this is the right forum for this question, if no srry.
I just want to know if there is a way for us to know when there will be a featured game on the spectator mode. Is there any information on the webpage?
I have always wanted to watch one, since the system was added, but never had the chance.

Thanks,

Dead Future

06-11-2012

How the Hell do you pick these matches?

I just watched part of a match - it was so terrible that I stopped watching and motivated myself to come here and tell you how bad it was.

It's like watching a bunch of legitimate new players stomp each other using mechanics that none of them understand. Might as well just play Mordekaiser, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Katarina, and Cho'Gath.

F*ck, man.

Dead Future

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokbaklgnd View Post
One thing I would really like is to have directed camera on lanes, like one reason I spectate is to watch people play support, because I main support and recently noticed i've been needing some work on supports, and I don't want to sit there and move just to watch a game, I want to be able to sit back relax and learn while it auto moves on the lane, just a recommendation, i don't know if it's even possible, but if you could do it, i'd love it.
To articulate your suggestion into something both you and programmers would have an easier time envisioning...

Add a check box next to champions on the list of players. Each checked champion becomes part of the group that the camera is directed toward.

In your instance, if Soraka and Graves are on Blue team, and Caitlyn and Taric are on the Purple team, you would simply check those boxes and go to the Directed Camera. It would not direct to other champions while you have only those four checked off.

Good idea, brokbaklgnd.

Dead Future

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCakes View Post
I will like to start off that i really enjoy this addition to the game. when you don't have time you watch a game or whatever, also great for starting a commentating career. i would like to add a suggestion which would greatly help this addition to the game. how about we can choose to spectate a game in real time. but you can only watch from your 'friends' point of view, this would be great and allow us to 'watch' a game that your friend is playing while talking with them on skype or vent.
That's not really spectating. That's more like...shadowing a friend. While it would be nice to be able to do this, it would require an entirely separate system requiring just about the same amount of time that it took just to get Spectator mode.

Chat filters would have to be created to deal with massive amounts of people injecting content into the chat interface from a Shadow seat. Imagine dying and then getting 100 people telling you how bad you are, no one of which is actually participating in the game.

What you suggest is not something that can be done as a minor edit to Spectator Mode. It's a whole new can of worms. To be honest, as a player I wouldn't prefer another can of worms like this to be added to the list of things that have yet to be completed.

EDIT: What's stopping people from just using two computers and simultaneously watching both sides of the match in real time? Nothing.

L38live

Recruiter

06-11-2012

Its great but the fact that when im watching a certain player it will sometimes take me to one random place on the map great idea to have this keep it up