Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galmore

06-06-2012

This may be said already but there needs to be a way to find games from the very beginning, maybe a lobby where you can join games that are in champion select so you get everything.
My main reason for this is that it will allow the community to make proper, full, shoutcasting videos

Aurikalchos

06-06-2012

Whenever I quit a game in the middle of watching it (spectating), unless there is a quicker way I don't know of, I have to open the in-game menu and select "end game". After which, once I get back to the pvp.net client, it confirms whether I want to quit or reconnect to the game. I believe there should be just one button I have to click to quick spectating.

Also, when the game ends from one team winning, it bugs me a little when it says "victory!". I am a spectator, I am not on any particular team. I was thinking it should instead says "[winning team's color] wins!"

Edit: One other thing: since spectating is practically the same as watching a movie, I would like it to be default for a spectated game to be in windowed mode with an option to make it fullscreen for those who prefer it that way.

Are

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Is there a way we can stop people from spectating o-o?

grantneodude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-06-2012

I'd like to be able to see the chat even if you can't interact with it as a spectator. Also a spectator only chat would be very nice as well.

MercenaryMH

06-07-2012

is a best feture ever made in league of legends i can espectate while i eat or when i want to see how high elo people play my champs or new champs or just to watch skins or just to check out how are doing my friends this tool has a lots of uses i founds some glitch since nothing can be perfect

here is some:
-somethimes you cant see the bonus damage or bonus magic damage in some skills or passives from some champs is kinda annoying since the skills shows you the base damage but in the bonus you can only see a 0 even if the player has lots of damage or ap to make a huge bonus damage ad/ap

-sometimes random items will appear in the inventory of the champs most of the times B F swords and you are like wtf a cassio with a BFsword is not that bad but is kinda annoying

-sometimes when you go back in a team fight the bodies of dead champs change positions most of the time just the direction of where they are facing but sometimes the dead bodie show in a totally different position than the original and i mean really far from the original , this is a really tiny bug not a real problem

some Features for consideration

- why there is a ping option in the map if you are watching the game alone i guess the most posible option for this is if you are commenting the game in a video and you want to point some stuff but still kinda no taht useful

-i wish i could pass my cursor over the skills and see his area of effect only

-it would be nice to have a filter in the spectetor featured games in the looby so you can see a game that aleast have a champ that you want like when i start playing with shyvana i searched and waited for only the games that have her thankfully there was a lots of this but for people that want to play with no so used champs like volibear or leblanc(like my friend that it was trainning with her) you have to be very lucky and a filter for the type of game bcuz sometimes you want to see a quick battles in dominion maybe not always and not everyone but still you have a lucky if you find a dominion game in the spectator.

-five featured games is too small maybe taking the idea of the filter you could fix that becuz for someone taht is searching for a especific game with a especific champ 5 options is too small but still for other people that want more variation still 5 options is too small

well still this is the first version of the spectator and is **** good
keep the good work riot

sorry for my english :/

Drogon IV

06-07-2012

would be nice show players spell lvls, like in Dota 2, just saying ^_^

KatuXiK

06-07-2012

I had an idea for a no delay - or short delay - spectator mode. The whole point of the delay is so you can't help your friends team by watching for MIA's, or giving out enemy positions. So, what if instead of giving full viewing privileges, you could only watch your friends champion - and wherever they move their camera - and get rid of the map and Fog Of War options.

By getting rid of the map, you can no longer call out all lanes MIA's, and since you can only see what your friend sees, you cant exactly act as an extra eye. For things where someone pops out of the bushes quick, anyone else on their team could see that on the map, or if they're viewing lanes quick.

Obviously Fog Of War would be turned on to whichever team you're spectating, so if your friend is scrolling over the map, you'll only see darkness, just like them.

If you want to be really skeptical you could say that you could have a team of 10 on skype - one watcher for each player - and have the watchers call MIA's, but that could be easily fixed by adding a 15-45 second delay. I just think that 3 minutes is extremely excessive, and can really take the excitement out of spectating if you're trying to watch a friend play and you're talking to them.

So what are everyones thoughts on this?

AKQJoker10

06-07-2012

i agree with katu, there should be an option to enter into a game with only 1 available person to spectate and have everything except to see what he sees on his screen turned off. that way you could watch the person you're trying to spectate with no 3 min delay. it'd practically be the same as a screen share in skype and teamviewer which half of everyone does anyway.

Aelethe

06-07-2012

I'd like an option to toggle on a phantom "box" on them minimap for the directed camera when in manual camera mode. That, or something similar. I tend to swap to manual camera often, but keeping tabs on what the directed camera is paying attention to would be fairly nice.

Aelethe

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantneodude View Post
I'd like to be able to see the chat even if you can't interact with it as a spectator. Also a spectator only chat would be very nice as well.
The spectator chat in DOTA 2 was nice.