Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CC GrtWhiteShark

05-16-2012

There really needs to be an option for turning spectate mode off.

It makes me personally uncomfortable to have my friends watch my solo queue games and I can imagine that other people might not want to be viewed for different reasons as well.

thoughts?

Iateurcookie

05-16-2012

Only complaint I have is Vayne....

"Whole team is getting outplayed in every lane, and we're losing team fights! Son of a....Oh wait, it's team-fight time, and as happens every single game, they are ignoring Vayne to come after us....we got this game in the bag, boys. Just keep letting that Vayne farm minions and jungles up top (or at bottom)."

Do note that I don't play ranked, and any champion is good on a bot match, so I am just trying to be honest with how the game plays out when I watch them. I don't even watch Vayne matches anymore unless she's up against someone a bit obscure like Urgot, because I am like "Hrmmm, maybe there is hope in the world," right before my dreams are shattered by yet another Vayne solo-lane to end the game.

nerdydino

05-16-2012

i would like to be able to type in chat and be able to read what the teams are saying while spectating. players can have an option to hide or view spectator chat (or just include it with "all" chat) the chat would be up to speed but the video would still be behind so no cheating still

Malefic Vision

05-17-2012

wish i could contact my specatating friends to let them know i want to play with hem while they specate blissfully unaware i have logged on.

Monkey D Chingy

05-17-2012

Well spectating mode is cool, and i love it. But the point is here, what if people log in with 2 accounts and one for spectate one for play. Then there is no point for wards,elixir or whatever.

LadyKayra

05-17-2012

As some people already said.

Please, add TT & Dominion just one game will be enough.

How about being able to choose (or at least see) average room ELO? So you can see how game is played at diferent ELO levels.

Heaviest Flow

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D Chingy View Post
Well spectating mode is cool, and i love it. But the point is here, what if people log in with 2 accounts and one for spectate one for play. Then there is no point for wards,elixir or whatever.
The spectator games are 3 minutes behind real-time.
So you can use it to try to cheat, but you'll be way behind the curve.

Temul

05-17-2012

I'd like it if the directed camera gave more preference to stuff happening where the camera already is; I've had it shift away in the middle of plays I'd like to watch. Of course, the easy fix is to turn it off on my end when I don't want it to do that.

Other than that, I like Spectator Mode a lot, and will continue to happily use it.

Dummote

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosama View Post
ok, a 3 minute delay is more than enough

No, it's not enough, think about it, you kill red buff at 9min so red buff respawn at 14min and when i see you kill the red buff the time of the game is 12min, so my friend have 2min to gank you when you return for red buff if you are jungling. You understand my point?

Sophothy

05-17-2012

I love being able to watch other people's games! The camera movement is mostly good but I do usually end up manually moving the camera because it will shift to another area of the map during fights. But, it seems like that would be hard to fix since there can be multiple battles going on at once. Thus I just like to control the camera myself (unless I'm being lazy).