Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SiNiquity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

I've attached images of the bug I experience every game I spectate. I forgot the mouse would get hidden on screen capture, but in the 1st image (the one of the champion portraits on the right) my mouse is not over Olaf's ignite icon but the one above it. Similarly in the second image my mouse is over Soraka's global heal, not the flash icon. The bug is that for the last 3 summoner's on purple team, their icons are not shown and their spell icons are all shifted to the right by 1. Note that in the second image, Soraka's Starcall spell is Soraka herself!

How to reproduce:

1. Log into League of Legends (for simplicity's sake, not directly related to the bug)
  2. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Keyboards & Languages -> Change Keyboards...
  3. Click Add...
  4. Navigate to English (United States) -> Keyboard and then check United States - Dvorak. Click ok. Note that the bug may affect other layouts, I haven't tested.
  5. Change Default input language (in the window where you added the new keyboard) to Dvorak. Click ok.
  6. Go back to League of Legends and spectate a game to reproduce the bug.
  7. Don't forget to change your default keyboard layout back!

Note I've tested this with the standard US layout and the bug disappears (explains why it was probably missed by Q&A).

Pillsburry Ohboy

05-13-2012

I'm not going to lie here I get why you added spectator mode, (For big events and stuff) but I think you should be able to toggle it on your own

deletu

05-13-2012

Why don't you bloody allow people to keep the replays?>.> I want to save a replay and watch it later not just look at people playing >.> I want to see myself playing.

ToxicK2

05-13-2012

My only dislike is that I cant chat with friends that are online. I usually go into spectator while waiting for people, but then I can't tell if they are ready to play because i cant see their msgs.

Jadi3

05-13-2012

should be able to spectate match history's that would be awesome, i assume it would take alot of memory and make it a pain for riot but i think this would be a rly good idea, not every 1 has a recorder or its to lagy for their pc, so u just had a good game but u cant watch yourself in your moments or you cant show ur friends what awesome play you just did. but if this was possible there could be alot of sharing these "moments" in the community .

ScoutZ KnighT

05-13-2012

Fix match making then maybe community help you out!

MemoryLapse

05-13-2012

Even though there is a delay you can still use it to "cheat".

"Your opponents aren't placing any wards, go for baron asap."
"Ward expired at X time, keep track of it."
"Teemo has shrooms here and here, but i see a clear path."
"Nocturn uses X bush to hide in for a gank, put a ward there."

there is plenty of information about the other team that you can give your pals that isn't time sensitive.

Ruin Dragon

05-13-2012

heres some more feedback, NA to EUW transfer please. dont care if i have to pay 5k RP tbh.

Big D1ck Grayson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2012

So much lag

Lance414

05-13-2012

I like the system overall it really help me learn quite abit in building my character and spot good or bad that you find most ppl do, one suggestion is maybe a spectator only chat mode (only spectators can see and discuss in) so spectators are able to chat about the match but with rules so it doesn't get abused

p.s I have a question, I dont know if anyone already asked this but what prevents players from taking advantage of this system and having their friends spectate and communicate using skype or teamspeak voice chat to give one team a bigger advantage over the other?

p.p.s. theres a good chance they would simply use a laptop spectate their game and automatically receive free reign in watching where all his opponents are