Spectator Mode Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AuMG Vanir

05-12-2012

General
Works fine, would like to ask why there is a 3min delay instead of something longer, I have heard that people are specing buff timers, so that one team has an advantage over all buffs in the game, a slight time duration increase would fix that, this also applys to wards as you can tell as soon as a ward expires.

Directed Camera
Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
Sort of it jumps seemingly randomly to different lanes but works as soon as it hits teamfight stage.

How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
Its fine but it is a bit weird having the smooth movements, but its just something to get used to.

Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?
It's fine, There is one thing that annoys me though, you can not follow a champion for an entire match without having to reclick on them everytime they spawn, an option for a hybrid control (directed when the champ isn't on the field and following them when they are) would be helpful.

Featured Games (on the landing page)
How do you feel about the selection of games?
there is a varied selection to chose from, almost all games are good to watch.

Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?
Very well done, easy to use.

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?
see ^

Spectator HUD
Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
Would like some more hybrid options like having gold up as well as items without cs, etc.

Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?
easy to use, although I would like to be able to go back to the start of some games if I join 10min in etc.

BUGS!
Summoner 1,2,3,4,5 on the other team. Also some lag during directed camera changes when it swaps between teams, only very slight lag.

ArturFel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Did you click the eyeball in the lower left and enable the Chat option? The chat window is currently disabled by default in spectator mode.
Pls enable by default the chat window, make no sense, sometimes u dont play with friends cause u are watching theirs game wich already ended.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

05-12-2012

In case you are still reading. A suggestion:

Toggling the scoreboard by pressing [Tab] is intuitive and nice. But in actual game the scoreboard is shown only while you are holding [Tab] and fades on release, whereas in spec mode you have to click [Tab] again to hide. This may lead to some minor confusion.

So, I suggest, that tapping [Tab] toggles scoreboard on/off, and holding it (for, say, more than 0.5s) toggles scoreboard for only as long as you are holding the key.

I hope you got what I mean.

Thanks!

Titan Tactics

05-12-2012

needs chat

Clive is a qt

05-12-2012

I'm not colorblind but I find that colorblind mode makes it much easier to distinguish between each teams wards/pings. Blue and Purple are just too similar when teams are all clumped up together.

I think it would be nice to read team chat, see what they are discussing in terms of timings on wards/buffs/dragon and other things.

Rocket Fuel

05-12-2012

Peope spectate and cheat, i mean if you know the person you're spectating and you call him while watching his game you can easily cheat to victory...it already happened where i was jungling and for some reason the other team all knew where'd id go and this was throughout the whole game which i doubt the whole map was warded...I like the concept of it but security should be improved about it

Raggley

05-12-2012

Absolutely hate it, I can only spectate random people i don't actually know from my list. My only actual friends don't show an option to spectate. I also despise the fact people can watch me play without me knowing. Make it so i can spectate ALL of my friends instead of just the worthless turds i don't even know, and then maybe it will be a decent system. Also a spectator list would be nice so you can know who is watching you.

SiN Deejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

Everything works fine, but 1 addition I would love would be the ability to join someone on you friends list spectating someone, or the ability to search someone's name and spectate them that way. The featured games list seems to give everyone different people to spectate so you can't always spectate the people you want to.

Valkenr

05-12-2012

3rd party programs exist for communication. Give us access to our friends list and pvp.net chat functionality while in spectator mode, you really aren't preventing anything by leaving it out.

Lord Xantos

05-12-2012

Spectator mode is a really great addition to the game and I really enjoy it for when I want to see how a specific character is played or I sometimes use it to refine my build, one minor complaint would be that the directed camera sometimes focuses on the jungle or someone picking up CS when a team fight is going on in the middle of the map, it's a minor inconvenience.