Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

05-02-2012

Quote:
EinzigerAI:
Yorick with a tear start is the most annoying thing in the world.

I used to run this, but I've completely switched to Prospector's starts now and I noticed a huge improvement. The damage, the health, even the tiny bit of lifesteal - just too good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

05-02-2012

Quote:
Basoosh:
I used to run this, but I've completely switched to Prospector's starts now and I noticed a huge improvement. The damage, the health, even the tiny bit of lifesteal - just too good.

Yep. And by this point you really don't need the Tear anymore, especially since you've lost a good 5 minutes of building up time.
Instead on your first B, you can grab the mana-component of whatever items you plan to build.
For example, you gonna go Triforce? Of course. Get a Sheen, or at least Sapphire. Frozen Heart? Grab a second sapphire.

Then you go back in with a fat 900 mana pool which is really helpful during that early game. You then convert it to Sheen/Triforce, Glacial Shroud, whatever later on. Unlike SR, he really only needs a good 1000mana pool to not really have mana as much of a limiting factor.

You can also decide whether you want to counterbuild the guy you are facing bottom (simple as taking a chainmail or a negatron), or working on well-rounded defenses in case they swap out or gank you.
You can go Defensive with Heart,Odins....OR you can take the sapphire, then Brutalizer,Ionic and rush to triforce.