yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinzigerAI View Post
Yorick with a tear start is the most annoying thing in the world.
I used to run this, but I've completely switched to Prospector's starts now and I noticed a huge improvement. The damage, the health, even the tiny bit of lifesteal - just too good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
I used to run this, but I've completely switched to Prospector's starts now and I noticed a huge improvement. The damage, the health, even the tiny bit of lifesteal - just too good.
Yep. And by this point you really don't need the Tear anymore, especially since you've lost a good 5 minutes of building up time.
Instead on your first B, you can grab the mana-component of whatever items you plan to build.
For example, you gonna go Triforce? Of course. Get a Sheen, or at least Sapphire. Frozen Heart? Grab a second sapphire.

Then you go back in with a fat 900 mana pool which is really helpful during that early game. You then convert it to Sheen/Triforce, Glacial Shroud, whatever later on. Unlike SR, he really only needs a good 1000mana pool to not really have mana as much of a limiting factor.

You can also decide whether you want to counterbuild the guy you are facing bottom (simple as taking a chainmail or a negatron), or working on well-rounded defenses in case they swap out or gank you.
You can go Defensive with Heart,Odins....OR you can take the sapphire, then Brutalizer,Ionic and rush to triforce.