Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaffadin

11-06-2012

One thing I wish is that the fog of war on / off selection would be remembered.

It's a minor annoyance to have to toggle it off at the beginning of every single game.

HaIfhearted

11-07-2012

Alright, I was just able to load into a spectate game normally with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Whatever the hell you guys did, thanks for fixing that spectator loading bug!
Better late than never, after all ^_^

TooLazy2Quit

11-08-2012

Hey,
I have noticed that spectating is a few minutes off.
Like, I will spectate a friends game and what Im seeing is 3-5 minutes behind.
Should this be happening?

MaxWreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I just noticed a very low bug, i was spectating a friend with a Teemo in the game. Even if he was idle for several seconds (10-15 seconds), he was not invisible. It was on the Twisted Treeline and the guy had CottonTail Teemo, he was on the Blue Team. I don't know if that occurs with every skins and maps.

Jmarts

11-14-2012

ok

Fanified

11-17-2012

When I spectate a friend's game (haven't tried custom/featured games recently), my client often ends up stuck at the "game is still in progress" screen if I leave spectating before the game is over. It's not like the usual text box that gives the choices of reconnect to the game or to quit - there are no buttons to click. Only way I've found that fixes this is restarting the client each time.

GaliLeeeeO

11-17-2012

i bought zed's skin set.i can picked this champion but i cannot use a skin.
and so unlock is said. where is my zed's skin? can i use skin again?

LegionofArcana

11-20-2012

here is the file for bug splat in-game
sers\Drakulix\Temp\lol_beta_riotgames_comCrash_112 012_203046.zi

Mizaram

11-21-2012

Hi guys,

Haven't been able to spectate any games in a very long time, suspected it was a patch that caused it, but we've had many patches since I last tried and it's still not working.

I'll have to try spectating again and provide more detail, but there is no bug-splat, no loading screen, the client closes but never loads.

Will try later on tonight and try to provide some more insight.

Cheers.

**Update**
Sorry about the tardy reply - when spectating games my friends are in ... this is what happens:
1) Lol splash shows up, and begins loading game
2) Black Screen as if going to load up the different characters in the game
3) Error - Unable to retrieve Data from the server. Client will now close (click - Ok)
4) Client remains, and after a while the same error appears.

Only way to clear this issue is to End the Processes - I have the basic Windows F/wall installed on the PC, but I don't have control over my router to be able to pin-hole anything (so don't even suggest it)
Have yet to try a Featured Game - I can't even remember if we still have them in the client anymore ... I'll have a look.

NeoForte

11-22-2012

I'm getting a problem with spectating games as, for some reason, very recently (it was fine up until this point), every time I try to spectate games that my friends are in, the client doesn't show a loading screen and instead comes up with the "Game is still in progress" without any option to reconnect openly available.

My Internet is fine as everything else (Browsers, other internet-based things) seems to be operating just fine. I don't know what the problem seems to be but it's getting annoying. I've tried restarting my computer and just repaired the client but no results.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind found what was wrong. Misplaced something in the folders, so the client would not deploy properly. It's fixed now after rearranging.