Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ipki yadig

09-17-2012

my client is and has been freezing for 2 months now during champion select and i can not get into game

jebadialot

09-20-2012

is no one else's spectaror mode totally non existant evr since the last patch, I cant for the life of me find any info on this. I know its not "just me" as well because i have a few of my friends who are having the exact same problem. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Tahuga

09-20-2012

My screen has been freezing up at the "summoning" point of trying to spectate friends as well. This has been going on for a while now, and I even submitted a bug report of it a few weeks ago.

HaIfhearted

09-23-2012

I recently discovered that if you alt+tab out of the spectator window while people are loading in and wait, it will actually fully load.

You just need to listen for the game sounds before you re-open the window.

Syrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

when can we spectate pros again?

General Valter

09-28-2012

I understand that there was a small change to the ability to spectate games last patch. Is this to imply that someone employed at riot, somewhere, is reading this thread? Could that someone please pass on the issue with spectator mode not launching after all the summoners load? The glitch causing this has been in for two months now!

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Same. Spectator mode used to work for me without a hitch ever since it was introduced.

As of this very latest patch it is now broken for me. I can watch a single match assuming that I just did a restart of my computer and loaded the game client fresh. After spectating that single match, no further matches can be seen as I will hang up at the character load screen when the characters are completed with loading.

Some screwed up value / variable is being held over from the previous match that was spectated, and is only cleared out upon my restarting the computer entirely. A cache value error for the game? I have no clue.

BroDontEven

09-30-2012

With the new "spectate a game your friend is spectating feature", it seems if you try to watch a game that has already ended after a certain amount of time, your client will bug and say something along the lines of "Match not found. Game will now exit." and force log you out. Not sure if this is supposed to happen?

xkilk

10-01-2012

Guess no reds pays attention to this thread. I have never seen a 2 month bug just ignored completely. It still freezes after 100% champ loading for spectating. I would expect a "we are looking into it" red post but we get nothing......

HaIfhearted

10-11-2012

@xkilk That is my assumption.

I made this thread awhile back to try and raise awareness to the 100% loading bug since I figured that no one was looking in this particular thread anymore.

Give it a bump is you are still getting the 100% load thing.