Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minoans

08-27-2012

Whenever I spectate it always drags my screen to one spot and I can't click any champion and have to ALT + Tab to fix it.

Helmoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Amplifying Tone appears as a red square.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Dodge stat still exists in spectator mode.
To see it, go into spectator mode, select a champion, then press the C key (default key for character info stat screen).

It's right under cooldown reduction.

It has been there since spectator mode was first shown to us, and it's still there.
I thought it would have been fixed by now..

FlamingLily

08-31-2012

Looks like I'm not alone with spectator mode loading issues.
Same thing as a few other people have said - the teams reach 100%, get to the "Summoning" text but never goes past that.
I have tried closing the client and reconnecting but to no avail. About to completely close LoL and relog in to see if it works.

HaIfhearted

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingLily View Post
Looks like I'm not alone with spectator mode loading issues.
Same thing as a few other people have said - the teams reach 100%, get to the "Summoning" text but never goes past that.
I have tried closing the client and reconnecting but to no avail. About to completely close LoL and relog in to see if it works.
I've tried restarting my client.
Doesn't work most of the time.

Whether you can get into spectator is entirely random as far as I'm concerned.

Orez Dlog

09-03-2012

I also had the game freeze at the loading screen for spectator once and had to use task manager to close and restart it. Then, in another match I tried to spectate just now, some items got replaced with these weird red squares. The tooltip also labels them as daggers. No clue why this happened.

finister

09-04-2012

what the hell to diana's skin!!!!!! she looked like a monster!!!!!

gombessa

09-04-2012

A bug that's become a really big problem for me is with the chat. In normal client, I play with the HUD flipped, so minimap is in the bottom left corner, and with chat dragged to just > of map, above the skills. With spectator mode, minimap is in bottom right and unable to move, and my chat defaults to offscreen <. The little bar to drag it gets hidden behind blue side champs, so I have to hide them, to drag chat over to use it (or view it). Doing this, then changes where my chat shows up when i go back to playing as well.

tldr; chat placement should be separated for spectate and playing, or allow minimap flip in spectate.

Zylvin

09-05-2012

Specatator mode is showing Berserker Greaves as blue pill. I grabbed a screenshot of it and marked it up to show clearer

I don't know for sure that it is zerk greaves, but what other item would only both AD carries have without either of them having boots and still have move speed like they have boots :P

TheApeGod

09-05-2012

I'm not sure if this was intentional but it doesnt seem that it should happen. Syndra is capable of grabbing Zyra's plants and Heimerdinger's turrets with force of will. It honestly just looks odd, but again it may have been intentional, just pointing it out.