Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadromar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Spectator mode outright crashes for me since the Jayce patch. Load-in doesn't occur just a critical error.

punk1n13

07-10-2012

Was spectating my friend against bots in a custom game in Summoner's Rift. Wukong's name is MonkeyKing bot instead of Wukong bot.
http://i.imgur.com/rg8X4.png (don't mind the mumble overlay)

Dragonzz6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Random snippit, if any red deletes their post it completely breaks the << Red Post 7/9 >> buttons

OT: Baron and Dragon Timers in Spec mode are messed up. If Team A takes Baron at 26:00. There is a message that tells you that. If you fast forward to 27:00 and neither team has vision. it will still show the red monster baron indicator on the map even though its not up.

StormThief

07-11-2012

I think Akali's Twilight Shroud colour is bugged in spectator.

I'm watching a friend in a blind pick play Akali vs Akali mid, and both of their shrouds are blue.

ripper311

07-16-2012

I've never been able to join a spectator game since the features release. I try to spectate either through the featured games in the home screen, or spectate a friends game, the LoL banner comes up as though a game is about to load, then I get a message, cannot connect to spectator server, retry?. I retry several times and same thing happens. I hit cancel and the client keeps me in that "game is in progress" - the same message you get if you disconnect during a game and relog back in.

OPTLawyer

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponies View Post
Floating text for gold and damage do not disappear even if the camera moves to a new location

We are aware of this issue but did not realize it was a common issue. I am going to look further into reproducing this since it has been a bit difficult to do in the past. If you guys know of any spectator behavior that triggers this, please let us know
I can tell you, this happens if you jump backwards in time while that text is on the screen.

Slithers

07-19-2012

There seems to be a bug with the chat log in spectator mode where if you rewind to a previous point in the match, the chat log does not, so the chat log shows that the person says it twice when in reality the person said it once but you just rewound back to that place and they said it again.

For example if someone says "Grats" then you rewind and they say it again, the chat log shows that they say it twice.

CadaverMorto

07-19-2012

Sometimes, during the game, Soraka's coat color change from blue to purple periodically.
I don't know if it's just some bug in my computer or not so I decided to put here.

Thanks!

LumiSquirrel

07-19-2012

I don't know if it's just me but today I spectated one of those featured matches that had a Pulsefire Ezreal in it. I heard the whatsherface voice when he recalled and when he leveled up his abilities, despite the fact I was looking very far away from him on the map.
Shouldn't that be only audible for him anyway?

Deathstickstrike

07-20-2012

cant spectate game first tried spectate friend then featured

Game loading screen loads everyone fully, then crashes about a second after entering the games spectator mode. Happens every time under different settings, started with the patch/hotfix that occurred today.

Also when trying to add attachments server times out every time.