Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kėno

05-09-2012

I am watching a game right now where all Doran's Blade has been replaced by B.F. Swords graphicswise.

No other anomalies were observed thus far in the game and my client has not disconnected or anything. I just turned the client on, saw a tf play and got into it. ... ... only to see three people in the game having two b.f. swords EACH at 7 minute mark.

I checked their AD, they certainly didn't have some 150+ AD (all 104-107 range at the time) so my logical assumption was that it was a graphics error.

Below I have attached a screenshot of the issue at 13minute mark, which still makes it obvious of the issue thankfully.

Edit:
Varus has 136 AD in the ss and level 9 at the time.

The base AD at that level would be 70 (46 + 3 * 8) + Pickaxe [+25] already put him at 95, meaning no more than a single b.f. sword was calculated in the AD even if the runes/masteries were to be disregarded.

However, his ArPen was 6|10%, meaning he's most likely to be running full AD red&quint rune page. So... "hah!".

Edit 2:
At roughly 20min mark, blue team Corki purchased an Infinity Edge. I noticed (twice, thanks to the time leap) that the transition from selling one of the 'b.f. sword' to IE was smooth with no 'sell a doran's blade to replace its slot' delay in between. Hence it can be deduced that the b.f. swords are displayed correctly.

I absolutely love Spectator Mode and as such, I am very pedantic about having the best experience possible

Edit 3:
I'm in another Featured Game and the display has been automatically corrected. The client was not restarted. I just got into another game and voila, doran's blades!

Lenitnes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2012

Not sure if this is a bug or intended. However, if you enable chat for spectator mode. The next time you spectate a game chat starts disbaled. I feel like the chat dialog should remember whether it was disabled or enabled base on the last game's settings. It is *really* annoying to remember to enable chat each time I spectate a game.

LadyAzalea

05-09-2012

I just spectated two games in a row. One from part way in, one from the beginning. I enabled chat mode as soon as I remembered I had to manually re-enable it (Please make it so you don't have to do ti every game!) and no chat was displayed. I asked my boyfriend if anything was being said (I was spectating him) and he said it was.

Edit: I can see chat...if and only if it's an "all" chat. I can't see each team's chat.
I swear you could at one point previously...

supister

05-10-2012

Locking onto a champion by double click or double tapping the 1-5|Q-T is not so intuitive, but I figured it out. When I lock onto a champion, it's cool, the camera follows them around. UNTIL THEY DIE! After they respawn, although their line is highlighted in the list of cameras, the camera remains in manual control. Why not relock onto the champion? We don't want to double click a second time, we want to keep following them.

Even worse, I noticed that I can't select the camera to follow the champion from the list, because they are already "selected" even though the camera is in manual control. To select them again, I would need to deselect them and then reselect them. I don't want to do that, I just want the camera to follow.

supister

05-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZallen View Post
In spectator mode, I find that I could only move my mouse in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Yes this happens to me with multiple monitors. There is a disconnect between the game and the mouse. I can see a black square covering the bottom left quarter of the second monitor that's on the right. My mouse only moves in the bottom right-hand corner of the first screen. Also, I notice that the mouse mapping is screwed up, so that all my clicks are actually clicking on something up and to the left by half a screen.

To work around it, I press Alt-Tab to switch to a different application. Then when I Alt-Tab or press the LoL icon in the taskbar, it goes back to LoL and it's all working normally. Happens to me every time I start spectating. I do the Alt-Tab thing and it works fine until the next game that I spectate..

Kamihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

Revert that doomed patch please.
Full of Lag.

l3ird

05-12-2012

During custom game lobby yesterday We were trying to get in game but the client would freeze on players in the lobby while spectators were around. So it would cause a problem for players and also cause a disconnect (Active Game Not Found) notification for the spectator.

Lane Stardust

05-12-2012

This has probably been mentioned before, but I guess it couldn't hurt. It's a minor issue and I don't know it if it was intended or not. If you spectate a full game, the players you were watching will be on your Recently Played list. I have a harder time reproducing this bug when I leave a game before it ends, though.

Pictures might be difficult to see, but you get the idea.

Weajiin

05-13-2012

Weajiin here, still havn't played since spectator release, the game is broken on my machine.

Akitu

05-13-2012

Currently crashing all spectated games around 10 minutes in. Attempted client repair and still continues to crash.

*Edit* Just noticed I had a phantom LoLRecorder process open that was not displaying in system tray. Closed and attempting to run again.

*Edit2* Game will now close immediately after starting spectator mode, restarted computer with no change.

*Edit3* Attempted opening another game after 1st closed. 12m and counting with no crash, appears to be fixed... Odd.