Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akitu

05-02-2012

-How you began your spectating experience(Featured Games, Drop-in Spectator, Lobby Spectator)

Drop-in Spectator from friend's list

-What your current resolution and graphical settings are, if concerning a graphical issue.

1920x1080, shadows turned off, all effects set to medium, benchmark FPS

-A detailed description of the bug

Attack and spell animations do not display while in spectator mode. Does not include all spell effects, seems to only be line skill shot spells and all auto attack animations. Targets will lose health with no visible effect. The only way I can tell a turret is firing is with the flash on top, and then trying to find the victim losing chunks of health.

-The game log from the game where you noticed the bug. These game logs can be located in your game directory(For example: \Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs)

Game log ID is 2012-05-02_18-54-07_r3dlog. Can post to pastebin or something if required.

PhillyPhernatic

05-02-2012

Just tried to spectate a friend's game and spectate mode came up in the bottom right corner of my screen. It happened twice in a row with the same game.

I right clicked on my friend's name and clicked spectate game.

The screen was essentially shifted to the bottom right, so that only the top-left corner of the client appeared.

drida

05-02-2012

tried to spectate a friend's game and he was 2mins in the game so i got thrown in the lobby with a 1min delay and while i could see all 10 champs selected, 1 team had all the summoner's names and the other was summoner 1,2,3,4,5.

DarkKnite1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Okay so Cloak of Agility is glitched as a lot of items. For ritzcrackers, it,s a Dorans while for me it was boots.

Upsilon

05-02-2012

Not sure if this was said before, but if you spectate the end of a game, and you haven't received your first win of the day IP bonus, it will give it to you. At least I believe it did...

Duripen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

I just found a bug with ryze's tool tips. When you spectate ryze on his spells the damage he gets from his mana shows up as +0 no matter how much mana he has.

TheMarkMark

05-02-2012

I right click on friend's name "spectate game" is gray. Friend has been in game for 13 minutes. Why can't I watch?

Kolione

05-02-2012

Just had a bug spectating. I entered a game via featured games. Shortly after entering I enabled chat to see a friend had whispered me. I tried to reply but got an error message saying he wasn't on my friends list. I tried using both the reply and whisper commands but got the same results every time. Upon exiting the game I was able to message him normally and he was still on my friends list.

17th Shard

05-02-2012

Whoop, looks like bots are using some iffy names.

KnightCheckmate

05-02-2012

I did a test with a friend by whispering him while spectating his game. He got my whisper immediately, but I didn't get a response.
However, his response showed up three minutes after he typed it.