Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RocketSlug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki3 View Post
1) During one game I was playing around with skipping forward and back and between different cameras, and at some point I noticed that some gold numbers got stuck on my screen as seen in the attached screenshot. Couldn't find a decent way to reproduce it though.
Attachment 433287
The way I did it was skip backwards/jump to live while the text was in the air. Could reproduce it about 80% of the time.

Attachment 433527

JezzaFromAUS

05-01-2012

Most of it is looking good, I was getting an error where all Ranked live match durations shown were over 1 hour and when attempting to join them, I received "Unable to download spectator data. Game will now exit" 10 seconds into the campion loading screen.

Other than that, now I'm only getitng 1 ranked match I can spectate and it finished over 15 minutes ago, doesn't look like anything is refreshing.

EDIT: Also the only way I've been able to refresh matches sometimes is by restarting LoL, and after that ranked matches sometimes don't pop up.

r00stre

05-01-2012

I was playing a game when my buddy hopped on spectate, began chatting with me, we soon realized the potential of him being able to see exactly where the enemy was, and able to relay that information to me in chat! Thanks Riot! SUPER EFFECTIVE!

LHkite

05-01-2012

I dont know if its a spectator bug, but im not able to alt tab at all. My task bar will pop up, but nothing will come over the game im watching. I play in border-less mode, also tried it in full screen and windowed, and none of them worked.

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00stre View Post
I was playing a game when my buddy hopped on spectate, began chatting with me, we soon realized the potential of him being able to see exactly where the enemy was, and able to relay that information to me in chat! Thanks Riot! SUPER EFFECTIVE!
3 minutes after the fact?

edit: Anyways, I can't spectate my friends. I relogged and all that and the problem persisted. I was able to view them earlier but no longer can.

Reiver

05-01-2012

If you use the timeshift controls they can cause damage and gold numbers to be stuck on your screen permanently

DarkSniper

05-01-2012

I just joined a friend's match as spec right after champ select, and two games in a row now it has shown only blue team's summoner names, purple team is simply summoner 1-5. First game my friends were blue, second game my friends were purple, had no effect. Shouldn't names appear either on both sides or on neither side?

Qzilla

05-01-2012

In the middle of the match i keep disconnecting just reporting to try to help get it fixed

Modessa

05-01-2012

I clicked friend's name to "Spectate Game" then I was moved to champion select where I can only see blue team's name, and my friend's name (his whole team) are all showing as "Summoner x" They were all purple team. Is this intentional?

Also I clicked quit spectate, but champion selection music won't stop even though i'm at the client home page.

Sulale

05-01-2012

The client doesn't restart when the game ends.