Official Spectator Bug Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insidious

05-01-2012

Landing page seems to have become an insane cpu hog with the new featured games animations. Anyone else notice a difference?

Olera144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

My current issue(s) is that whenever I spectate (this has happened on both featured and drop in spectate) the game will continuously pause and then rush through sections of the game. Time will continue and the directed camera will move the camera, but what's on the screen is fixed. Then it will attempt to catch up to where it is making the feature pretty much unusuable.

LulzSec

05-01-2012

If you begin spectating a game when a player is say 2/0/0, the announcer will call a kill spree at 5/0/0, not at 3/0/0. Basically, she ignores the current score and assumes you start when everyone is 0/0/0.

FutureBlues

05-01-2012

If you navigate between the 5 featured games and go back and forth between them either a lot or too fast you end up making that whole space unclickable until you restart the client. The animation freezes and you can't join with the "Watch Now" button, nor can you navigate to check out the other feature games via their bulbs in the upper right.

TriBoost

05-01-2012

I found two minor bugs, otherwise spectator mode looks cool.

1) Nothing after game completion
Joining a game in progress via the game client home page lobby button, I watched a game through completion. After watching one team claim victory by exploding a Nexus, the game shows "victory" like normal, but I was neither returned back to the game client home page, nor was I presented a game summary screen. I had to terminate LoL and relaunch.

2) Camera lock and Fog of War
If you enable Fog of War for one team, and attempt to camera follow an unseen enemy, the camera defaults to manual (my previous camera setting if that matters)
HOWEVER, if you switch back Fog of War to the opposing team and attempt to follow the same champion, the camera will move to the champion but fail to LOCK the camera. Again, the camera continues on manual. This is fixed by merely switching to another champion and back again, where the camera will then lock on target.

0mnip0tent

05-01-2012

Philosopher's Stone shows as Last Whisper.

Kamihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Still cant enable friends to invite
Katarina Bouncing Balde sometimes dont deal damage on the 3 first target

MandyMemory

05-01-2012

I've literally never seen a game without a DC today. I assume it's related to spectator, since it's happening in every game i spectate.

Sh00t3rman

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowsluck View Post
This isn't a bug but it is something that should be changed. Currently there is no way to disable pings. The last two games I spectated have been a full on pingfest between both teams. The near constant pinging, especially late game, is quite annoying. You guys should put in an option to disable them.
+1

Dreampod

05-01-2012

This isn't precisely a 'bug' with spectator mode but two (minor) issues with how Directed Camera impacts spectating in a negative way.

Issue 1: Baron Fights. The directed camera will typically pan down and to the right because of how teams typically position themselves and because of teamfights over Baron typically have one team coming up from the direction of mid. This causes Baron's health bar to be positioned off screen or underneath the scorebar and thus difficult to judge whether trying a steal is smart, how close they are to finishing, etc. This is made worse by the fact that it appears that Monsters aren't 'clickable' to target and see their health and stats - so the only way to know is if the health bar appears on screen.

Issue 2: Directed Camera spoils tension. When a champion is fleeing at low health while being pursued following a fight in the laning phase, the Directed Camera will often switch to something thrilling like watching someone last hit in lane rather than following the chase. If it does this, you immediately know that they got away (probably without taking damage) well before the actual resolution occurs. A similar issue occurs when you see the two teams posturing for a teamfight and the recording suddenly stops incrementing. You know that the teamfight will occur, one team will get trounced, and the other surrenders before the champions even start fighting.