Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dear Riot. Why You Dislike Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

02-08-2013

Quote:
RadiantPyrophore:
Hi, my name is Sion, My R heals my ADC for ten seconds while I beat on something with my axe.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, ^ that summoner's name is Taniwha, and he's in my class at school, that is, the class that was held back for ten years straight.

Did you just go lunatic over posts that were 9 months old?

kirarising

02-08-2013

a lot of changes needed for a lot of balance issues for supports can almost purly be done without simple math nerfs, any opness in a support is a design flaw and needs to be fixed on this level and not the math. see as supports scale off of nothing but their fellow players

RadiantPyrophore

02-09-2013

Quote:
TealNinje:
Did you just go lunatic over posts that were 9 months old?

Yep, flipping Dark Noxian Necromancy getting my undies in a bundle.

><

RadiantPyrophore

02-09-2013

Quote:
Agent of Masks:
you just made her the most broken OP champ I've ever seen. all of those abilities need to be cut back severely

How about http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3100102 this one.

Dues Pater

04-08-2013

soraka sucks -_-

IS1cf9d4c218a71e43afee7

04-09-2013

Blebleble healing, blebleble silence.

SHE IS FUKIN USELESS THATS ALL.

PROppy

06-17-2014

This once happened... never forget >.>

TheStevenWu

06-17-2014

Quote:
Xypherous:
I have no doubt that there is a very dedicated audience out there who enjoys healing others. I don't doubt for the slightest that this style of support is what you prefer and would likely see.

From working on Lulu (and taking copious notes from Janna) - I can definitively say that Lulu only hits a subset of the support audience - because she has to be reactive or proactive in many of her moves - this makes the Lulu player feel like she's constantly being pulled by the game to accomplish an action (shielding incoming damage) or feels like she's constantly forced to do some other action that she doesn't want in order to be effective (I must harass with Q/Passive to get the most out of my character.) It's certainly an easier way of being non-toxic and interactive but it doesn't actually doesn't offer any lessons about how to make Soraka-like supports non-toxic to our game.

Soraka is a support whose mindset is definitely more towards Neutral - When things are at a stalemate - the Soraka player naturally incurs advantage over time. This is the both the fundamental appeal and the problem of her design - She does nothing to break a stalement - only incur bit advantages. Her current (heal) design - encourages a very high level of non-interactivity from the enemy team. This isn't about whether Soraka is fun to play or not - but whether or not she actually has forms of interactivity for her opponents outside of cooldowns. Cooldowns aren't a very noticeable or particularly engaging form of counter-play - effective but subtle and hidden. Is there a good way to play against Soraka outside of forcing cooldowns?

Standard Discliamer - I don't work on reworks or live balance - but from a theory standpoint I would like to find mechanics that augment this neutral bit-advantage style of play - but in a way that also encourages the player to break stalemates if they see the opportunity. It's also probably core that the Soraka player doesn't feel any more or less pressured to do something - which probably starts going into the realm of things like Enchant Weapon and Pinata (Vorpal Blade) style effects. For example of the style of effect, imagine if Starcall had a passive that said: "Whenever you cast a spell on an ally, his next attack does a single-target variant of starcall on your target.' So you astral blessing your allied Ashe, or whatever, and then her next autoattack can then launch a starcall attack at your opponent.

Your statement is full of controversy. Soraka does better in a stalemate and that's the problem? That makes zero logical sense at all. It is not that Soraka did better in a stalemate, it is that Soraka is a better defensive champion similar to... wait a minute... SUPER HYPED NEW CHAMPION BRAUM!.

Soraka specialized in surviving/supporting against all-in high burst attacks. Guess what the current meta is? Oh... I don't know... maybe Thresh/Leona/Annie going all gun-ho and all in on their opponents? Why do you think Soraka came back into play? Why do you think Morgana moved to support?

You know who Soraka has a problem against? Any other support - except we don't play them because... meh... meta!. You don't like this type of gameplay, then I suggest you take out Baron - because that's basically what Soraka is as a support. You poke at your opponents a little at a time while sustaining back up.

And as for Soraka being satisfying - she is one of the most satisfying support champion to play. I love playing support. I love it especially when my carry is able to escape death with 10 hp left because of ME. That clutch heal, clutch silence, clutch wish that sends of maximum adrenaline through my body is why I like Soraka so much.

You know what I hate? Carry mentality. I'm support? Ok, I better play an ap carry support, don't build sightstone, and rush deathcap because it's okay if my carries aren't fed as long as I am. Plus they suck anyways and I HAVE ZERO TRUST IN MY TEAMMATES. Is this the community you want to create? Because that is what the community currently is. Players who value teamwork and are willing to self-sacrifice for their teammates are currently just a niche - and you guys just completely destroyed one of the limited pieces in the game we can use to show that off.

If you guys don't like Soraka, nerf her - that's fine. Be honest and tell us, "We nerfed her because we have a PERSONAL issue against her." Don't come at us will some bull**** excuse. As for the "boring" thing? You know why people think playing Soraka is boring? The same reason why most of your community don't want to play support. You know why people think playing against Soraka is boring? The same reason why most of the community prefers laning phase over late-game team fights. Most people in your community hates corroborating with other people, and Soraka is the epitome of that.

And last but not least, I would like to point out that Soraka was always "trash-tier". I've played her since season 1, and the community would only call me trash for playing her. "Don't pick Soraka or I'd queue dodge". Since then, she's been buffed once? and nerfed - I lost count. She has become weaker overall and was consistently in the "trash-tier". It wasn't until the current assassin meta (which she hard counters) that she became "overpowered". That doesn't warrant a nerf, it just means people should learn to play other champions.

Raiyza

06-17-2014

Neeeccccrrrrrrrrooooooo