Dear Riot. Why You Dislike Soraka?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheeto101

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingUnicorn View Post
Are you kidding me? If you build tank her Starcalls do ****, you still get killed too easy, and how am I going to keep anyone else alive when I had to heal myself since I haphazardly walked into a group of enemies? I healed and ulted....oh wait, CC....dead...well I was gonna ult.... You act like she heals like in the old days...I loved those days....
Maybe you havn't noticed, but Soraka's AP ratio on her starcall isn't exactly the best (0.4) and 0.45 on her heal isn't so hot either. Building tanky ap lets you survive to stack your MR shred so not only you, but any other AP on your team is doing massive amounts of magic damage throughout a team fight.

Scarra's Soraka build is 3 dorans, Wota, FH and BV and it was strong enough to get it banned in every subsequent IPL4 game after Dig stomped CLG.

Cheeto101

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
>Again, Scarra is probably the best Soraka in the game right now and has said multiple times that she is broken.

broken for scarra may mean underpowered for 99.99% of players
People usually don't build her tanky. They try to build her like a typical glass cannon AP and are surprised when she gets blown up.

Morello

Lead Designer

05-01-2012
1 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diali View Post
Soraka has everything that is awful to play against, there's nothing fun about her being in the game. Doesn't help that she also has a lot of power whether used as a support or mid champion.
To be frank, this is my high-level problem with Soraka. Soraka being really good makes the game worse overall.

However, I'd have to ask the team behind the goals of these nerfs. While I don't involve myself on many of the details and specifics of balance changes in most cases, I try to distance myself more from the details on champions I'm particularly wary of - Soraka, Vladimir and Irelia are ones I stay out of.

I can ask about the specific goals here from the team and see what we're trying to accomplish here.

BlazingUnicorn

05-01-2012

And why is everyone *****ing about the armor buff that is meh, I much prefer the speed buff or attack speed buffs on the other supports. Or the armor + MR buff so that its useful all the time. Attack speed is ALWAYS GOOD, movement speed is ALWAYS GOOD, armor is only SOMETIMES good.
Lets see...(and please correct me if I did the math wrong, lord knows I am tired)
600 AP(something Raka isn't supposed to have) on raka = 350+270=620 heal...costs 200 mana...gives 105 armor for 5 seconds.....castable every 12 secs
600 AP on Nid(something you should have if going AP)....=190+420=610 heal...costs 140 mana....gives 60% attack speed for 7 seconds...castable every 6 secs...
And we still ***** about Raka.
Oh and dont forget, once Raka is oom from healing constantly and SCs she has a silence she can use...Nid just turns into a cat and face ****s people mana free. But thats ok.

KaiserFang

05-01-2012

8 seconds was way too long..

Siannanana

05-01-2012

They do seem like they're hating on supports, soraka especially because of her heal. I believe a lot of people use her in rank because she's an easier support to use if people are forced to be one as last pick. It sucks they're nerfing everythign about her tho

Butsuon

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
To be frank, this is my high-level problem with Soraka. Soraka being really good makes the game worse overall.

However, I'd have to ask the team behind the goals of these nerfs. While I don't involve myself on many of the details and specifics of balance changes in most cases, I try to distance myself more from the details on champions I'm particularly wary of - Soraka, Vladimir and Irelia are ones I stay out of.

I can ask about the specific goals here from the team and see what we're trying to accomplish here.
Do you have much experience playing or against Soraka in mid Morello? If so, what do you think is most frustrating about her? Do you think what people perceive as being un-fun to play against can be fixed by nerfs and/or buffs or have we tested mechanical changes?

EDIT: Your opinion, not asking you from a designer's standpoint.

NoobLuN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

I want the old soraka back man

TravagGames

05-01-2012

and yet.. she wins games

Cenerae

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Is there any hope of Riot considering a full rework for Soraka? As a support main I find she's just not very exciting to play due to the sheer lack of options she can take. Her armor buff and burst healing are good, and her silence is good, but that's all she can do in a fight safely. Just feels incredibly lacking compared to supports like Janna and Lulu who have many options, aren't pidgeonholed into a purely defensive playstyle when supporting, and are tons of fun to play.

I mean you've made it fairly clear in the past that you don't like healing. Soraka's kit is mostly healing-based. So instead of constantly reducing her ability to heal, why not try to make her into a more active support rather than a passive one?