Dear Riot. Why You Dislike Soraka?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMountainGoat

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Since I sign off on all the changes and help with high-level direction, still me. I still like nerfs because they reduce overall game power and slow power creep, and if I've done my job, the Live Team shares the high-level goals and understand the design philosophies we want to use here.
then you end up with this..

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6&d=1334829753

honestly, when so much of the game is so low-impact, it gets boring.trading yorick Es for renekton Qs in the top lane endlessly until someone decided to blow their summoners and an ult in an attempt to get anything done is pretty lame.

HeyLPG

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
then you end up with this..

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6&d=1334829753

honestly, when so much of the game is so low-impact, it gets boring.trading yorick Es for renekton Qs in the top lane endlessly until someone decided to blow their summoners and an ult in an attempt to get anything done is pretty lame.
I think valve's way is the best way. And yes this is coming from a long time team fortress player lol

BraumBackMountin

05-01-2012

Quote:
Since I sign off on all the changes and help with high-level direction, still me. I still like nerfs because they reduce overall game power and slow power creep, and if I've done my job, the Live Team shares the high-level goals and understand the design philosophies we want to use here.
I feel that soraka is already pretty underpowered as it is...I mean...she's only ever gotten nerfed... lower her cool down on her heal... or her ult even.

HeyLPG

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxludoggyxx View Post
I feel that soraka is already pretty underpowered as it is...I mean...she's only ever gotten nerfed... lower her cool down on her heal... or her ult even.
It was lower before. It's why they nerfed it ;D

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

Quote:
I'd love to - there's a lot of risk here though, especially when it's the "expected healer" character.
That didn't stop her remake with the sustain changes. I personally feel she needs that remake as her current abilities are good on their own but together it results in a disjointed unsynergistic kit.

JuanDeages

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotytehneko View Post
I think the biggest thing about raka isn't she's boring, its that shes pretty consistant, persistant, and just a pain to lane against. The way the current meta works, an AD carry needs to last hit minions all day eeryday. Generally, the conflict here is harass. Soraka's heal, at level 2, pretty much nulifies harass.

If you nerf her heal to be on par with others, she's useless, as shes completely oriented on healing.

If you have to too strong, she plays too well into meta allowing your AD carry to take plenty of harass and trade much better.

Unfortunately, soraka being a heal oriented champ, can never have a middle ground. She's ethier going to be over powered of under powered in the current meta, which is a shame really; I've always found her unique in a sense.
The thing about laning against Soraka is you need insane burst and harass to beat her heals. I've run Panth/Trist bot for gigs once and that did really well. Poke with spears then jump in for the kill. If you want to call that a kill lane, then sure; I just wanted to play Pantheon and it happened to work out.

Anemona

05-01-2012

it's just that these last nerfs makes no sense...do you guys want us to be agressive or passive ? please, make up your mind.
risk X rewards in this case will make up only for more passive sorakas stuck at supporting bot lane

the "Do someth1ng soraka!!" guy is pretty much right.
(i've had written a big reply about it.. but what's the point on doing that after all ?)

BraumBackMountin

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
It was lower before. It's why they nerfed it ;D
Ik I was being a smart ass

Eninya

05-01-2012

Soraka's R could be a global semi-Cleanse or a HoT that increases in potency over the ticks.

realgirl

05-01-2012

Quote:
The thing about laning against Soraka is you need insane burst and harass to beat her heals. I've run Panth/Trist bot for gigs once and that did really well. Poke with spears then jump in for the kill. If you want to call that a kill lane, then sure; I just wanted to play Pantheon and it happened to work out.
See, what you're suggesting here is called "telegraphing a suicidal strategy" and by burst you basically mean "an all-in attack as soon as pantheon is level 2" -- while pantheon+ranged carry can pull off such a strategy vs soraka fairly well, if they **** up and die, that's it, they lose the lane and the game is almost guanrateed a loss, or at least, a huge uphill battle. This is why farming is preferred, because then the game won't swing so widely so rapidly and players will have a better chance at winning.

Any smart Soraka player will tell her ad carry to hang back against such a lane and coordinate with their jungler to cripple the lane. Pantheon likely won't be able to start with many wards, if any at all, and if he gets harassed even a little, he can't really commit to a kill! He has to go back and heal if he wants to do that. Your strategy is risky and not an actual counter to soraka, of which there really is none. W's armor component alone, on someone like Graves or Vayne, is more than enough for the ad carry to kill someone before they die (and thus win in the end) against the kill lane's AD carry or their "support".