Take a Gander at Me Latest Catch: Sales on Skins and Champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhoulton

05-01-2012

For a second I thought Spooky Gangplank was on sale...now I am sad.

hazygreys

05-01-2012

WTB: Shyvana Skin. Either one will do, though I'd rather you put Ironscale on sale.

garathk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

For the newer summoners in the world, I'm guessing the skins would sell a lot better if the champion they are for was recently on sale.

i.e. last week I really wanted to buy Mafia Miss Fortune but I didn't own her (she's going on sale this week). I'd love to buy that Morde skin but I don't own him. However he's on my list of buys if he goes on sale.

I'm sure the stats are out there and it might be better the way it is but I'd have to think they'd move more units if the champ was on sale first.

LePWNa

05-01-2012

How do you know MF is going on sale this week? Curious.

Coreporeal

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yallDONTknow View Post
How do you know MF is going on sale this week? Curious.
He's referencing this sale.

WaiUMadBrah

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yallDONTknow View Post
You could try to submit a support ticket regarding this. They may hear you out, but I wouldn't expect it.
And how exactly do I do that?

Amariithynar

05-01-2012

I'm loving these character-run sales pitches. They're pretty awesome.

TofuRice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

lol its communist week

Mysnomer

05-02-2012

Jesus christ, people. Terry Pratchett did not invent the term "cutting my own throat." It is a phrase that indicates you are taking a loss on your prices (though it's so common now, it pretty much just means "I'm having a sale"). It is used by a salesman in the books, because it is a sales term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garathk View Post
For the newer summoners in the world, I'm guessing the skins would sell a lot better if the champion they are for was recently on sale.

i.e. last week I really wanted to buy Mafia Miss Fortune but I didn't own her (she's going on sale this week). I'd love to buy that Morde skin but I don't own him. However he's on my list of buys if he goes on sale.

I'm sure the stats are out there and it might be better the way it is but I'd have to think they'd move more units if the champ was on sale first.
Yeah, I thought about this, and the conclusion I've come to is that they're trying to incentivize RP purchase of a champ at full price. This totally defeats the purpose of buying the skin on sale, but you're not supposed to think about that in the heat of the moment. It's kind of scummy, but I won't fault them for it, because anybody with an ounce of self-control should realize this and plan accordingly.

Smacked

05-03-2012

Where's the new sale :F