Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twisted Treeline needs a major overhaul

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

04-30-2012

Of the three maps in LoL, TT is the most ignored by players. So why did Dominion succeed while TT failed (don't tell me Dom didn't succeed, there's always heaps of people playing it and Phreak still puts a Dominion segment in the champion spotlights)?

I'd say that's the issue right there- what does Dominion have that TT doesn't? The answer is easy- the global map aura. Dominion isn't Summoner's Rift, so the entire game has to be balanced differently as a result, hence we have the boosted start, free exp and gold, healing reduction, bonus AR and MR penetration, mana regen, reduced recall time etc. Twisted Treeline is also not Summoner's Rift, but apart from the smaller size and altered jungle you wouldn't know it as the game is otherwise identical. This is why the biggest problem on TT has always been balance, as champions who are highly effective on SR can be much less so on TT and vice versa. Since balance is so whacked out (tanky DPS are more dominant than ever before), most players don't take TT seriously, leading to its neglect.

To revive interest in Twisted Treeline I suggest Riot needs to globally alter the rules to better suit the short game 3v3 format, similar to Dominion. However while TT is not SR, it's even LESS like Dom, so the same rules should not be used- death is not meant to be cheap, farm is still important and map control is still key. Late-game champions who require heavy farm are currently very poor choices as TT games rarely even go to level 18 and they tend to be even squishier than usual early on. While the copious free gold of Dom would defeat the purpose of the mode, maybe a small increase to passive gold gain might be helpful, or perhaps some other source of bonus gold can be added. Some kind of global aura might help rectify the balance between carries and tanky DPS- while the Dom aura would mostly be counterproductive, I WOULD suggest a reduced recall time, maybe down to 6 or 7 seconds.

If anyone else has some more specific suggestions, feel free to add them.

grumpy goblin

04-30-2012

The TT community can't even get the base reshaped to reduce the turtling issue. Don't get your hopes up.

The TT community seems way more rageprone than the dominion or SR community. Maybe it's because they can't get the map updated.

Trial By Pain

04-30-2012

I guess the issue is more about the fact that you are 3 against 3 and not 5 against 5, hence why the difference in team composition.

They should redo the base design first, then think about other buffs/debuffs.

Sharen82

05-01-2012

I'd say rather than a "passive" gold gain why not an increase to gold/xp from minions/monsters. I don't like a "passive" gain as much because i believe a char that requires more gold should be played by a summoner who is at least decent at last hitting. But a simple 15% xp boost and say 10g per last hit on minions/mobs would make a world of difference in farm. if not that exact idea i'm sure someone could tweak it.

kavinh the third

05-01-2012

cause the map's honestly really broken. In SR you can grab baron after pushing them through and eventually break through the enemy team in this map you have a mini dragon buff which doesn't change the fact that their healing pool is right next to the tower. I've been in a 70 min game where we were ahead by 30-10 and ended up losing cause their taric morde and ashe turtled for 40 mins to get their full builds.